• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonborn Dragon Breath encounter power is a minor action?

fissionessence

First Post
One of my players decided to try out a dragonborn for our 4E test session (which went pretty well).

Everything was going fine, then used reaping strike . . . then said he'd follow up by using his minor action to use dragon breath.

I did a double take on what he'd just said and asked if he was serious. He had written his powers out on note cards, and he pointed out that he had written it down as a minor action. It didn't really make sense for him to have done that on accident, since he didn't really know what a minor action was when he copied down his powers, but we looked it up in my PHB anyway, and sure enough it says it's a minor action.

I checked the errata, too, and it's not changed there.

Maybe I'm going crazy, but it definitely seems like it should be a standard action-type power.

~

Snarls-at-Fleas

First Post
fissionessence said:
Maybe I'm going crazy, but it definitely seems like it should be a standard action-type power.
~

Cannot see why. It's not so damaging and has no additional effects. And flavour-wise it's cool to have dragonborn breath flame just befor he lands a blow or after that.

Gloombunny

First Post
Definitely a minor action. It really wouldn't be up to snuff with powers like Elven Accuracy and Fey Step if it were a standard.

dreadon

First Post
Yes it is true dragons breath is a minor action for dragonborn. The bigest reason it is a minor is the fact that it does 1d6 damage and not much else. As far as balance is conserned i would say it is about fair.

Ginnel

Explorer
Yup its a groovy minor action

And for when you absolutely positively have to mark every single Mofo in the room a Dragborn fighter multiclass with wizard taken the thunderwave as encounter, is hard to beat at first level ;)

That One Guy

First Post
Ginnel said:
Yup its a groovy minor action

And for when you absolutely positively have to mark every single Mofo in the room a Dragborn fighter multiclass with wizard taken the thunderwave as encounter, is hard to beat at first level ;)
You have won today. I'm not sure what. But you just did.

Remove ads