• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Dragonborn Interspecies Pregnancy

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
What new guys?

I'm not yelling at anyone. I'm answering your question. They're your players.

mm'kay?

Edit: Ok, nevermind. Their not "yours". You aren't the OP. Ignore that. But I'm still not "yelling" at anyone.

Last edited:

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
What new guys?

I'm not yelling at anyone. I'm answering your question. They're your players.

mm'kay?

Yeah, I'm not the OP. Our screen names do have some letters in common, I'll grant you.

And you did tell the OP (which this was his first post, you can tell by the post counter under his name) that they shouldn't be engaging in romance in game. Perhaps you were going for funny, and pointing out it's a make believe game and dragonborn don't exist and so can't have babies, period, but it's not very clear if that was your intent.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
No.

Tell the players to have/leave [and enjoy!] their romance in the real world.

I'd say yes. Because if a dragon can, why can't a dragonborn?

Even if can't reproduce, still lots of fun can be had.

Also, just because there is in game romance does not mean that there is IRL romance.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Here's an alternate "best answer": As the DM of this game world, what makes the most sense to you?

My perspective? That's an unequivocal "no." But I'm not the DM of your game.

phantomK9

Explorer
Can a dragonborn become pregnant by a Human? The subject came up during a player romance in a game.

As with nearly all things in 5e, that's your call (or your table's call).

Honestly I might allow such a thing, after all where do dragon-blooded sorcerers come from?

Although along those lines, where do dragonborn come from as the MM write up for Half-Dragons say they are sterile...?*shrug*

Can a dragonborn become pregnant by a Human? The subject came up during a player romance in a game.
There's no rules for it, but if dragons can have kids with non-dragons, and those half-dragons can have kids with others, I don't see any reason to not.

No.

Tell the players to have/leave [and enjoy!] their romance in the real world.
This is rude. There are lots of players that enjoy romance in a game, and telling someone to leave their romance in reality is just being elitist and trying to shame others.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads