• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonkard... what do you think?

JackSmithIV

First Post
So I check the news here per usually this afternoon, and I see the news article for Dragonkard. Then I notice that they seem to be on the banner at the top of the page just about every other refresh, so I check it out further...

Dragonkard

Now, I'm not one to use power cards in my games (I cut and paste from sourcebook PDFs, print and onto index card), but I know where are plenty of people out there who do. It seems like such an interesting product, and they certainly seem to be trying to make a splash. I was wondering what others thought.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Nice site and a good product idea. I wish them the best, but its just not for me. I'm happy using my own printer and doing the cards myself. One thing that I think is kinda funny is the dragon is burning his own tail with his breath weapon. Ouch! :)

They look like a cool product, but they're a bit overpriced, and frankly, I just can't get past the weird shape of that dragon's head. Colour me superficial.

EDIT: I wish the publisher the best! It does look like a sincere product.

mac1504

Explorer
I've been looking for cards such as these, but I'm turned off by the logo on the cards.

Color me superficial as well. I guess I'll just stick with my home made cards.

sjmiller

Explorer
I like the concept, but I am not terribly fond of the card backs. Plus, to be honest, I would prefer to have some that are blank on both sides. I would also like them in a couple of sizes, but that is just me. So, while I find them interesting, I do not think I will be getting any.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I like the concept, but I am not terribly fond of the card backs. Plus, to be honest, I would prefer to have some that are blank on both sides.

Agreed. I could find some use for these if they lost the logo and allowed me to print what I wished on both sides.

Solodan

First Post
Its not a bad deal when I think about it, color printing is expensive and the cards look nice. It'd be nice if the format was a little bit deeper, but I"m a huge fan of power cards in general.

I must admit I'm probably not one to use power cards for action points and healing surges, but that's also a neat idea.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads