Dragonlance Dragonlance - Dragons of Despair alternate start

Not the original author, but I believe the answer is yes.

If you watch the original Red Dawn it is framed as a documentary/retrospective on a historical event.

Yes, in a cheesy 80s way, but the Jennifer Gray character (if I have my characters right) is supposed to be narrating everything.

Especially obvious in the epilogue, but also part of the intro.

Cheers :)
Useless fact (not to derail the original topic): Keep in mind that John Goodman's character in Big Lebowski is based on John Millius, of Conan and Red Dawn fame.

Not the original author, but I believe the answer is yes.

If you watch the original Red Dawn it is framed as a documentary/retrospective on a historical event.

Yes, in a cheesy 80s way, but the Jennifer Gray character (if I have my characters right) is supposed to be narrating everything.

Especially obvious in the epilogue, but also part of the intro.

Cheers :)
Have seen the original, when it was in the theaters and I don’t remember it being a faux documentary. Perhaps a flashback or something, but not framed as a documentary

toucanbuzz

No rule is inviolate
So after I ran this possible idea by my gamers, I got feedback from what I'll call our "most avid" roleplayer, and he endorsed the original hook, said it made him far more excited to play than being given too much up front:

A group of friends parted ways 5 years ago to seek out proof of the "true gods," solo or in small groups. After 5 years, they reunite in the small tree village of Solace where one of them, unknown to the others, did. And, someone already knows and wants it...

Remove ads