• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Dragonlance: Everything You Need For Shadow of the Dragon Queen

WotC has shared a video explaining the Dragonlance setting, and what to expect when it is released in December. World at War: Introduces war as a genre of play to fifth edition Dungeons & Dragons. Dragonlance: Introduces the Dragonlance setting with a focus on the War of the Lance and an overview of what players and DMs need to run adventures during this world spanning conflict. Heroes of...

WotC has shared a video explaining the Dragonlance setting, and what to expect when it is released in December.

World at War: Introduces war as a genre of play to fifth edition Dungeons & Dragons.

Dragonlance: Introduces the Dragonlance setting with a focus on the War of the Lance and an overview of what players and DMs need to run adventures during this world spanning conflict.

Heroes of War: Provides character creation rules highlighting core elements of the Dragonlance setting, including the kender race and new backgrounds for the Knight of Solamnia and Mage of High Sorcery magic-users. Also introduces the Lunar Sorcery sorcerer subclass with new spells that bind your character to Krynn's three mystical moons and imbues you with lunar magic.

Villains: Pits heroes against the infamous death knight Lord Soth and his army of draconians.

Notes --
  • 224 page hardcover adventure
  • D&D's setting for war
  • Set in eastern Solamnia
  • War is represented by context -- it's not goblins attacking the village, but evil forces; refugees, rumours
  • You can play anything from D&D - clerics included, although many classic D&D elements have been forgotten
  • Introductory scenarios bring you up to speed on the world so no prior research needed

And how would he have tried to make it better?
By pushing for the existing lore to be followed more closely I suspect.
that is why I used the ' ' around better... in his (and I am sure some fans) minds staying close to the source is makeing it better... by the writers opinion just taking generalities from the source and updating is better... by the netflix income/watch info it looks like it is great 1 way or another...

Weiley31

Legend
Oh man that totally reminds me of the time my buddy in early high school (I'm sure it was freshman year) ran "The Mines of Bloodstone" and early on in the adventure the party was traveling across the countryside in broad daylight until the DM declared that suddenly the ground shook, then opened, then ORCUS THE DEMON LORD clawed his way to the surface, stood before us and roared "I'M FREE!!!!" We were all "holy crap!" and then just as suddenly the DM looked back at the text and said, "oh hold on a second. Oh crap I totally read that wrong. Shoot um okay Orcus actually crawls back down into the ground and the hole seals up. Where are you heading again?"

Needless to say our mouths were on the floor and I don't think we composed a straight answer for quite some time. The most hilarious bit wasn't even that he randomly goofed and had Orcus just appear in front of the party for no reason (in like the first or second session) but that instead of just saying "never mind that didn't happen" no he just rode it out and had Orcus change his mind and go back down into the ground, lol.
Orcus: WHOOPS sorry bout that guys, but I can't find my wand. Ugh, I left it on the stove again, didn't I?

crawls back into the ground to go all the way back to pick up his wand...................................................again. He should really put a post-it note on the fridge to remind him about that before leaving the apartment.

Yes, fandoms do tend to engage in a level of gatekeeping that discourages innovation.
I mean that was a quote from a producer about how they think adapting a creative work should be handled, but go on about gatekeeping.

The quote doesn't imply you can't make changes, they're simply saying you need to understand what was important about the source material before you go tinkering or you risk losing the reason a built-in audience might view your work.

Orcus: WHOOPS sorry bout that guys, but I can't find my wand. Ugh, I left it on the stove again, didn't I?

crawls back into the ground to go all the way back to pick up his wand...................................................again. He should really put a post-it note on the fridge to remind him about that before leaving the apartment.
I thought in my multiverse story I had a scary image in mind... so when 1 player saw an 'oncoming threat' from the multiverse he saw an older version of himself killing other copies of himself... and he had 2 ruby rods and 4 wands of orcus he had collected. Another (older) player said "Please in 1e I heard so many stories of players taking those he fits right in"

needless to say that was NOT the emotional beat I was looking for.

it was actually a fake out... he wasn't 'hunting' any version of them but just the ones that became a threat, and he was taking power and artifacts from them but to get power to stop a bigger threat,(the vision was scenes out of context) when that version showed up it was as an ally with a warning. THAT moment at least hit the way I wanted

Remove ads

Remove ads