Dragonlance DRAGONLANCE is coming this year!

This year, a hardcover book and a 'battle game'. Here's the teaser trailer! The adventure is set at the start of the War of the Lance, while the battle game is designed for 'large scale' battles. And they're coming later this year, in 2022.
  • Dragonlance: Shadow of the Dragon Queen
  • Dragonlance: Warriors of Krynn

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 5.41.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 5.41.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 5.41.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 5.41.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 5.41.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 5.40.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 5.28.25 PM.png

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The question is:

will the battle game just be its own thing, with its own mechanics not capable of being integrated (at least not cleanly) into the RPG—like the existing (terrible) "Adventure System" games from WizKids and (apparently) also the Onslaught game...

...or have they finally figured out that a straightforward but interesting mass-combat game that's easy to integrate into a campaign of the RPG (like a better version of the old TSR Battlesystem) would be mind-bogglingly awesome?
They report that it can be played independently as a wargame, or integrated with the Adventure book to play mass combat in D&D.

I actually will bet that the mass combat rules here are where the Ghosts of Saltmarsh rules came from, since they said at the time that they were the draft rules for an upcoming project in development.

Superchunk77

Adventurer
So technically this isn't a campaign setting product, it's an adventure and a battle game. Does that mean there is still one more unannounced classic campaign setting for 2022? I'm hoping yes.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So technically this isn't a campaign setting product, it's an adventure and a battle game. Does that mean there is still one more unannounced classic campaign setting for 2022? I'm hoping yes.
Nah, this is it. This counts as the return of a classic campaign setting. They never said it would specifically be in the form of setting books.

Nah, this is it. This counts as the return of a classic campaign setting. They never said it would specifically be in the form of setting books.
I think we can assume "Shadow of the Dragon Queen" includes setting info (such as the backgrounds and feats from the UA) as well as an adventure. It will also enable Krynn content on the DMGuild.

It's not like they are going to say "you must have this previous edition content in order to run this adventure"!

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases