Dragonlance Dragonlance: Lunar Sorcerer video by WotC

darjr

I crit!
I like the idea of having the sorcerer tied to the actual phase of the moon, maybe once.

the Lunar Sorcery sorcerer subclass with new spells that bind your character to Krynn's three mystical moons and imbues you with lunar magic

DnDBeyond also has an article up.

Thanks
D&D Beyond goes into greater depth here:

• Up to 15 bonus spells, regardless of phase you're in
  • Free cast the first level spell once from each phase while you're in it.

The rest sound pretty much like the UA version. What we don't know is the bonus spell list and any specific changes.

Last edited:

Stormonu

Legend
Well, it’s certainly a different way of handling the moons of magic. Less troublesome that keeping a moon chart out that’s updated by the DM/player, or a PC who only goes out adventuring when their moon is half-full or better, and stays shut in at home during nights of the new moon because they suck that night.

Seems like they shifted the moon’s association (Nunitari - “Black Magic”/Necromancy) to phases.

I’ll have to see it in play to judge it properly. I could see this being used in FR at least.

Well, it’s certainly a different way of handling the moons of magic. Less troublesome that keeping a moon chart out that’s updated by the DM/player, or a PC who only goes out adventuring when their moon is half-full or better, and stays shut in at home during nights of the new moon because they suck that night.

Seems like they shifted the moon’s association (Nunitari - “Black Magic”/Necromancy) to phases.

I’ll have to see it in play to judge it properly. I could see this being used in FR at least.
Direct association with one of the three moons seems to have been shifted to the Initiate of High Sorcery feat, which is the prerequisite for the Adept of the White/Red/Black Robes feats down the road, at least as of the UA.

Stormonu

Legend
Direct association with one of the three moons seems to have been shifted to the Initiate of High Sorcery feat, which is the prerequisite for the Adept of the White/Red/Black Robes feats down the road, at least as of the UA.
Well, I was more referring to the 1E/2E rules, which tied the spell lists to the moons. Seems now they’re doing it to the phases.

Remove ads