Dragonlance Dragonlance "Reimagined".

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
wait, are illusions capped at 1st level now, are not illusions 3rd level or higher?

lets make a quick sorcerer...at level 8 they know 9 spells. (a wizard would know 20) from 1st through 4th level.

Color spray, Disguise self, Silent Image
Blur, Invisability, mirror image,
Fear, Hypnotic pattern
Greater Invisability

nope it can in fact be some kid with dumb illusions, the biggest offensive spell is 1st level (color spray)

lets say it's a wizard though for the 11 more spells
lets add burning hands (no issue it's 1st level right) Charm person (no issue here 1st level spells don't need guidance) Detect magic, Ice knife (gee this is like a grenade, good thing 1st level is a okay right) identify, mage armor
cloud of daggers, hold person (can't imagine how those could be an issue right... still just 2nd level)
but only to keep my theme my 3rd and 4th level ones can't be bad
Tiny Hut. and nondetection
secure chest

see the only damaging or problem spells are before the test anyway even with wizard.

right becuse why handle the problems when you can just make people take the test and get PTSD and maybe die then be forced into your cult and work with evil cause they DARED to learn
Fear, Hypnotic pattern Tiny Hut. and nondetection
Greater Invisability and secure chest

that is a 1st level wizard. Flame bolt the cantrip
Flame Bolt wasnt a thing when this was created. Also, Flame Bolt doesnt kill multiple people at once.

You really clung to that illusion reference didn't ya?

What I said was no more of a "personal attack" than you saying I'm acting in bad faith. If you want people to maintain a standard, it's usually best to live up to it yourself.

If you're knowingly reading the worst way into something, that's a referendum as to how you're engaging in the debate, you realize. And yes, teaching someone about morality requires you to interact with them, which is more worthwhile than ignoring them and, what, just hoping they go away?
you started this... knock it off

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
you started this... knock it off
I don't know what you mean by "started this," but I commented on this particular topic in response to someone else, which you then responded to. So in that sense, you started this, hence why you should be the one to "knock it off."

EDIT: Also, saying "I don't want to entertain what the worst way to read this is," was a personal attack as well, so citing my response to that doesn't change anything.

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
I don't see the point of keeping the name Dragonlance then. Just leave it in history, and make new setting that reflect what you want now. You cannot change Dragonlance to have it be something people will pay for in 2022 and have it remain Dragonlance.
Well, WotC seems to think you can, and so do a bunch of the rest of us. I'm not unsympathetic to your position, but I think you're taking it to an extreme that isn't really realistic.

DragonBelow

Adventurer
Magic users that don't want to take the test typically avoid drawing attention to themselves (killing people for example is a good way to draw attention to yourself) because if they do they are hunted down. How renegades are dealt with depends on their offense, and what color robe the hunters wear.

Robbed wizards care about the study of magic. Not so much about doing good or doing evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads