Dragonlance Dragonlance "Reimagined".

Status
Not open for further replies.

It fits modern play now.
no it isn't. It doesn't confirm to modern senseablities of power scaleing, alignment and it has racisist and ablesit content... taking that stuff and fixing it would be the minimum.
Make a PC, pick a god (if you want), go adventure in Solomnia or Qualinest or whatever.
well no need for a new book then, you just said we can use the old one... so I guess we can tell WotC not to work on it,

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
no it isn't. It doesn't confirm to modern senseablities of power scaleing, alignment and it has racisist and ablesit content... taking that stuff and fixing it would be the minimum.

well no need for a new book then, you just said we can use the old one... so I guess we can tell WotC not to work on it,
First, how are people playing it now if it doesn't meet these modern standards?

Second, I would be quite happy if WotC stopped working on it.

No, I asked at which point does it become something new. I included the link for perspective.
at the point that you change enough to not recognize it... if I made a DL setting where there are space ships and laser guns and the gods are the 4e default ones, and instead of useing the towers of high sorcery I took the dark sun defiler/perserver rules... that would be DL in name only.

if I take out little bit here and there and make some modifications and call it a reimagining... not so much

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi

Sure it is. You're just nitpicking the lore. You don't want Gully Dwarves in your game, don't have them. You don't want alignment? When has that ever really matted IN THE GAME. "I'm an evil mage so i wear black robes."

Let me tell you about about my current game and you tell me how the "modern senseablities of power scaleing, alignment and it has racisist and ablesit content" changed or effect anything at all.

The group of 5 start out in Solomnia. A special sword was stolen from the knights. The group investigates and tracks down the thief. Turns out it was the son of one of the high ranking noble stole it in hopes of getting his father elected. They defeat him and returned the sword. The Knights were greatful.

They then traveled south and came across a town infiltrated by a cult. They cleared out the cultists and found out its a Naga mindcontrolling farmers and monsters. They defeated the Naga and saved the town.

Crossed over to another country and visited Solace and its famous Inn. Met a few of the famous characters (which the players loved). Helped them selve a mystery about a giant in the mountains nearby. Turns out it was an Irda who also liked to pretend to be a Gnome who sold veggies in town.

Entered Qualinest and went to the Party Clerics local temple there. It was overrun by a Wizard and his minions who were after the power of 3 undead witches buried in some ruins deep in a mountain. They defeated the cultists and the witches so construction of the new temple could continue.

This campaign is set in Krynn. The only thing that even indicates its in Krynn is the Knights and the god the cleric took. Oh and the KEnder player. The god has not shown up to talk about neutrality or throw a mountain at anyone. The knights didn't go on a sexist or racist rampage. One party member is a Kender and plays one BRILLIANTLY (though a tad bloodthirsty). Probably because all the "Kender habits" are used for RP and not to grief people. Which again, you dont have to play a Kender to be a bad player (or DM).

So, what about that short campaign tale to you has "modern senseablities of power scaleing, alignment and it has racisist and ablesit content"? And this is a 2E campaign but I could easily fit it in any edition.

Long winded but basically, I don't need a book to tell me "You're mage doesn't have to actually do a Wizard Test". I already know that. I also get that White Robes are meant to be the good guys. I don't need to overthink D&D alignment. It NEVER made sense and is mostly there as an RP guideline. Simplifying the Wizards simply takes things away. Less tools in the toolbox. More generic. Id rather they be different than just Hogwarts.

Honestly this all comes off as a forest for the trees thing.

I do ramble... anywho. Doesn't matter what I think. Im actually eager to see the amount of evisceration WotC takes to the setting. I mean can they one up themselves after 4th ed Faerun? Im betting WotC Planescape is going to be absolutely wild.

I agree we don't need a new book/new DL but WotC gonna WotC. Doesn't effect my game/table. I'd play the 5th ed adventure (and assumably the 5th ed Plansescape) but I'll never run 5th again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads