Dragonlance Dragonlance "Reimagined".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changing things the way you want mostly involves removal, from what I can see. Can't you just...not use those elements you don't like? Why does WotC have to do it?
I mean not really... I am changing the idea of HOW the concept of good/evil balance works (no I don't think too much good=evil works) and remove the racists ableist stuff... why can't I just change it... I can, but if I am going to I have no reason to buy the new book, and YOU already have no reason to buy the new book... they can sell 1 to me if they change it but not changing it doesn't sell one to you... so they make 1 more sale if they change it.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
I mean not really... I am changing the idea of HOW the concept of good/evil balance works (no I don't think too much good=evil works) and remove the racists ableist stuff... why can't I just change it... I can, but if I am going to I have no reason to buy the new book, and YOU already have no reason to buy the new book... they can sell 1 to me if they change it but not changing it doesn't sell one to you... so they make 1 more sale if they change it.

Now that makes sense.

Sure it is. You're just nitpicking the lore. You don't want Gully Dwarves in your game, don't have them. You don't want alignment? When has that ever really matted IN THE GAME. "I'm an evil mage so i wear black robes."
if Gully Dwarf Tinker Gnome and Kender are still racists and ableist I will not buy the book. How many people will refuse to buy it if it IS fixed? that is the calculate WotC has to do right now.
Let me tell you about about my current game and you tell me how the "modern senseablities of power scaleing, alignment and it has racisist and ablesit content" changed or effect anything at all.
I really don't want to, this seems like a trap being set to ensnare the mods to say things are being personal because I am no longer speaking in general but about YOUR one game. Do what you want in your game. If you want older sensibilities cool, you want racists and ableist content more power too you. You and your players Can. if you want to remove it you can too. Either way all that matters is YOUR audience (your players)
WotC has a bigger more diverse audience to worry about.

also stakes... if you run a game and even if EVERYONE of your players calls you out on something and leaves... you loose a single campaign, maybe those players and you need to find new ones. If even 10% of WotC audience calls them out mid playtest that could be a bottom line nightmare.
The only thing that even indicates its in Krynn is the Knights and the god the cleric took. Oh and the KEnder player.
again just play your game... as you are. as long as you and your players enjoy it
Long winded but basically, I don't need a book to tell me "You're mage doesn't have to actually do a Wizard Test".
okay so then why do you care what the book says to new players? You just said you don't need it to tell you things.
I also get that White Robes are meant to be the good guys. I don't need to overthink D&D alignment. It NEVER made sense and is mostly there as an RP guideline.
wait if it never made sense why argue against making it make sense????
I mean can they one up themselves after 4th ed Faerun?
4th ed realms is tied for my favorite version with the original grey box
I'll never run 5th again.
then why care if they update 5e with a reimagining?

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
If they made a 5e rules-driven version of the setting, where they just update the mechanics, I probably would buy it.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Yeah, a lot of people are going to 'not have them' by not buying the product at all because they don't want to support that sort of thing.

Then the line makes no money and they never try to resurrect the setting again and it moulders on the vine forever more.

Victory for DL fans?
I was talking about old books and running Krynn right now without a newer book.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
GM was talking about the updated setting that is the topic of the thread.
But he mentioned that he wants to "play in a Krynn without Gully Dwarves and magic tests etc" and I was saying “you absolutely can right now. Nothing is stopping you.”

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads