• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance: Young Heroes 4e (Closed)

Bialaska

First Post
Unfortunately those attributes are too high for even 32 points. Perhaps lowering Dexterity to 16 will make it more manageable, that would save 7 points. Remember that Half-Elf gains bonus to Constitution and Charisma, not Dexterity.

Zweischneid

First Post
I would suggest the following stats for Tanis,

Code:
Str: 16
Con: 16 (+2 racial included)
Dex: 14
Int: 11
Wis: 14
Cha: 16 (+2 racial included)

Feat:
Student of Battle (Warlord multiclass) = + 1 skill training, 1/day Inspiring Word

at-will
Twin-strike & Nimble strike as mentioned

encounter
either: Fox cunning if your going to melee a bit (my preference for Tanis, characterwise)

or: two-Fanged strike for a beefed up version of Twin-strike (likely the min/max option for this group, add some striker-punch)

I find evasive strike redundant if you have nimble strike as an at-will, might be just me.

daily
either:Split the tree (take out two regular guys)
or :bear-trap (cripple the BBEG) are both fine.

dilettante
either:furious smash (Warlord) is fine to help Tas and other connect in melee when it counts.
or: Bolstering Strike (Paladin) might add some melee staying power if he has WIS 14.

Last edited:

Wintergypsy

First Post
Thanks on the comments on Flint's build everyone!
I expect to be able to post an updated version in the Rogues gallery tomorow...I've got the feeling this games gonna be cool :)

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Still a go

In case you all are wondering we are still a go for these adventures. Just waiting on character post in the RG, and see what Ivid is up to he didn't answer my question. Thanks for the help with Tanis everyone I am almost done reading PHB started a little on DMG. have a few questions to throw out there.

1.Does everyone wish to play The War of the Lance after we have had a few low level adventures?

2.If so at what level should we start? I can see playing these characters to fourth then saying five years went by and everyone starting at fifth level. I wish to start Draconian conversions trying to think of what level to make them.

3.Should we recurit one more person to play Goldmoon or have both her and Riverwind be NPC's?

4.I know we shouldn't rewrite the history but we could if people just want to keep playing on.

Well something to keep everyone thinking. Again just waiting on character posting then we will start at Flint's place lol and the inn

Bialaska

First Post
Jerrand Redband said:
In case you all are wondering we are still a go for these adventures. Just waiting on character post in the RG, and see what Ivid is up to he didn't answer my question. Thanks for the help with Tanis everyone I am almost done reading PHB started a little on DMG. have a few questions to throw out there.

1.Does everyone wish to play The War of the Lance after we have had a few low level adventures?

2.If so at what level should we start? I can see playing these characters to fourth then saying five years went by and everyone starting at fifth level. I wish to start Draconian conversions trying to think of what level to make them.

3.Should we recurit one more person to play Goldmoon or have both her and Riverwind be NPC's?

4.I know we shouldn't rewrite the history but we could if people just want to keep playing on.

Well something to keep everyone thinking. Again just waiting on character posting then we will start at Flint's place lol and the inn

Well, I think we should play these characters for a while as they are, possibly for an adventure or two, to get a better feel for them. I don't think any of us got a lot of experience in the system and then it can be hard to jump right in as higher level.

I think we should be level 5 or 6 after the 5 year time skip. I remember Raistlin having his Fireball at that time.

The question is if the GM can handle 2 more players. If yes they should be PCs, otherwise Riverwind and Goldmoon should be NPCs.

I think we should make our own alternate universe that might follow the original stories, but on the other hand allows us to make our own decisions. In our world Flint might survive unless the player for some reason got him killed, etc.

Wintergypsy

First Post
I think it'd probably be best if Goldmoon and Riverwind were NPC's, if that's manageable. But that won't be encesary untill the third or fourth adventure (whatever you're planning). As for Flint dying or not i've got the suggestion that we'll find out when we get there. If one of the other main characters' player wouldn't be available for some reason i could take over another character, or we could sure do alternate universe and let them live, or i could take over an NPC,... -> options are plenty

But i agree that it's foremost a good idea to check out how these characters work in these new rules. I'll probably have an updated FLint posted later today as well.

Arrgh! I am still here, just got thrown out by the email notification system! Sorry!

So, with the Tanis stats done, all I have to do is to check the equipment? :)

As to the course of the game, I think that will evolve out of itself.

Wintergypsy

First Post
Allright, i updated Flint according to the tips you all gave me and it currently looks as follows:

Flint Fireforge
Small Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Str 17 (+3) Con 18 (+4)
Dex 12 (+1) Int 10
Wis 15 (+2) Cha 12 (+1)
AC=10 + 6 = 16
HP=15+18=33
Fort: 16 Ref: 11 Will: 12
Healing Surges: 13

EXPLOITS
At Will
---------
Cleave
Reaping Strike

Encounter
-----------
Passing Attack, Spinning Sweep

Daily
-----
Brute Strike

RACIAL: low-light vision
Cast-Iron Stomach Dwarven Resilience, Stand Your Ground (-1 sq)
LANGUAGES: Common, Dwarven
SKILLS:
Endurance (+4+2+5-1=10)
Heal (+3+5=8)
Streetwise (+1+5=6)
Intimidate (+1+5=6)

FEATS:
Weapon proficiency (all melee)
Dwarven Weapon Training (+2 dam en prof with axe and hammer)

Attacks: Greataxe +6 (1d12 dam.)
Dagger +1 (1d4 dam. 5/10 range) +1

Equipment: Forgemail(6AC, -1 penalty, no speed adjustment (dwarf)), Greataxe, Dagger, adventurer's kit (backpack, bedroll, flint and steel, belt pouch, trail rations 10x, hemp rope 50', torches 2x, waterskin), on-the-road-blacksmith-kit

Does this look okay; is there anything else that needs changing?
If i get your okays it'll be posted in the Rogues Gallery

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads