Dragonscale spellbook price

IceBear

Explorer
Well, I don't know how much it costs, but I think it's worth 10000gp to you to pay me *not* to tell it's parent's who's using its skin for decoration :)

IceBear

kreynolds

First Post
Kershek said:
Yeah yeah :)

Though I would still like some suggestions...

Items like that might be worth about 200gp or 300gp to a mere merchant, but to a collector, they might be priceless. Honestly, I'd just tack on 50gp to the price of the book and be done with it.

Earthstone

First Post
Honestly I would really like to see a better official list of special properties (ie: Dragon Scales, Adamantine, etc.) that more clearly defines their purpose and game effect (and gp value of course ;) )

Crothian

First Post
Kershek said:
What market value would you put on a spellbook that was made from a young black dragon?

Scales aren't the best thing to make a book out of. I assume you just mean the covers? The cost would depend on campaigns, how common this sort of stuff is. IMC the only way to get this is to go find it, you'll never find it for sale at the local store.

Kershek

Sci-Fi Newshound
Re: Re: Dragonscale spellbook price

Crothian said:

Scales aren't the best thing to make a book out of. I assume you just mean the covers? The cost would depend on campaigns, how common this sort of stuff is. IMC the only way to get this is to go find it, you'll never find it for sale at the local store.

Yes, the covers. I'm DMing a party that killed a young Black Dragon and the Wizard wants a souvenir. He wants to know a market value so we can input it into PCGen. This helps me keep track of everyone's overall wealth.

Crothian

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Dragonscale spellbook price

Kershek said:

Yes, the covers. I'm DMing a party that killed a young Black Dragon and the Wizard wants a souvenir. He wants to know a market value so we can input it into PCGen. This helps me keep track of everyone's overall wealth.

Okay, personally I don't think they would worth too much. Perhaps a hundred or so gold pieces. You might want to require that the scales have to be treated so they don't rot and the book would be made as the equivlent of a MW item.

Remove ads