DriveThruRPG quietly releases "legacy" URL for those who prefer the classic site look

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
So, there's been some talk about how the new version of the DriveThruRPG website is the enshittification of the old one, with a lot of people preferring the classic interface.

While OneBookShelf (the parent company of DriveThruRPG and its sister sites) seems committed to going forward with the new version of the site, they've apparently released a "legacy" URL that lets you use the website as it was, specifically by plugging that word – legacy – into the URL (with a dot after it) before the drivethrurpg.com part.

Specifically, while going to www.drivethrurpg.com will take you here...

New DriveThruRPG.jpg

...going to legacy.drivethrurpg.com will take you here:

Legacy DriveThruRPG.jpg

Personally, I say good on them for giving customers the option to stick with the classic interface that many of us prefer.

Last edited:

Aw, it's even got the header about seeing a "preview" of the much-derided new site design, how cute. :)

Updating my bookmark now. Or is it technically backdating?

pawsplay

Hero
This isn't a quiet release, that URL has been around for a while. I've seen it pop up from time to time while doing backend stuff that hadn't been migrated to the new site yet.

Remove ads