• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Drizzt Movie?

Lancelot

Adventurer
I heard a rumor that it might be based on the Homeland trilogy of books, starting with his birth. Backstabbing and skullduggery in the drow city of Menzoberranzan. They're looking for young stars with X-appeal to play Driz'zt as he's growing up... possibly Justin Bieber, who has the kind of fresh-faced innocence they're aiming for.

Lancelot

Adventurer
And... just kidding. I've heard nothing, sorry. I'm not sure I'd want to see a Driz'zt movie, given how the official D&D movies and the animated Dragonlance movie turned out.

Although Lady Gaga might make an awesome Matron Malice...

The ceremony at the Drow Academy would give it an NC-17 rating.

Nah, you just use lots of implied nudity. I seem to recall there was lots of marijuana smoke intoxicating incense in the scene, so you could probably get away with it. Plus, modern audiences would view it as Drizzt's first confrontation with his own homosexuality, which would give it the 'artistic' exemption.

Meanwhile, in the next theater over, Kratos is pleasuring a 6-armed Hindu goddess and her attendants.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I don't know how good it would be, but I would want it to come out looking like Hellboy II. The main villain seemed Drow-like to me, and he made spear-fighting actually look COOL.

And 3-D, of course. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads