• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Drizzt Movie?

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Come on if they can do 10 foot tall blue skin cat people in Avatar with CGI, a drow will be no problem. Get with the current tech...blackface...baaa! ;)

Every one knows Wesly Snipes has been trying for the role of Drizzt for years now.

Dausuul

Legend
Describing black skin as a "weird look" has extremely undesirable implications, as does suggesting painting someone in blackface.

No matter who you got to play the drow characters, they'd have to be in blackface, since I'm not aware of any actor on earth whose skin is naturally jet black.

Lancelot

Adventurer
The challenge here is that Driz'zt is an elf. With pure black skin, and long white hair. Wesley Snipes is way too buff to play an elf. We should be thinking more like Orlando Bloom, with digitally altered skin color (e.g. Avatar).

...although, for my money, if I was looking at a serious contender for Driz'zt, what are the criteria?

• Delicate/angular facial features.
  • Intense kind of presence; needs to be intimidating or unsettling, even though he's "just" an elf
  • Disturbing eyes (Driz'zt's most notable feature in the books is his eyes)
...which means Cillian Murphy (the Scarecrow from the Batman films, and the "target" in the recent Inception film).

Seriously, go check out the picture on Cillian Murphy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and tell me he wouldn't make an awesome Driz'zt.

Nebten

First Post
Man, he don't drop character 'till he done the DVD commentary. After all he's the dude playing a dude disgused as another dude!

Herschel

Adventurer
As much as I hated Tropic Thunder (and have yet to get through it in three tries) Downey's character was who I thought of too.

Actually, Oded Fehr would probably work well in teh role.

Dausuul

Legend
The challenge here is that Driz'zt is an elf. With pure black skin, and long white hair. Wesley Snipes is way too buff to play an elf. We should be thinking more like Orlando Bloom, with digitally altered skin color (e.g. Avatar).

Why would you digitally recolor the actor's skin? They did it in Avatar because they didn't have a choice--when you need to make a human look like a ten-foot-tall anorexic cat person, CGI is pretty much your only option--but for Drizzt, black paint, a white wig, purple contacts, and prosthetic ears would be vastly cheaper.

Guenhwyvar, on the other hand, would be CGI.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads