• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

drothgery's Victorian Eberron game - IC

drothgery

First Post
OOC: FYI - from where you are, it's a pretty serious climb -- ~70 feet -- down to the cavern where Aerdene's device is, and the footing's not all that great here due to spray from the waterfall (running or charging would have required a balance check). The alternate path at the last fork in the tunnel was sloping downward.

Einan

First Post
Horaces backs down from the ledge slowly and quietly, so as not to attract any attention to himself. Once far enough from the noise of the water, he points back down the passage. "Reckon we should backtrack a bit and see if we can find a better way down?"

EvolutionKB

First Post
Grant

Grant sheathes his rapier and nods at the others, he knows that his voice cannot be heard above the roaring of the waterfall. He pulls out his pistol just in case and follows the rest of the group in their backtracking.

drothgery

First Post
Backtracking slightly, the party takes the left-hand fork in the tunnel down a steeply-sloped path -- going down this path is easier than going up, but maintiang balance while going down isn't easy, and you're forced to move slowly. But it opens ino the large cavern where Aerdene's airship is... and on one side of the entrance is a half-elven man's body in house Lyrander livery, though Doc can tell you it's not Aerdene.

This huge cavern marks the base of a massive canyon. A towering waterfall spills down the south face of the chasm, impacting a ledge before plummetting into a churning pool of untold depth. Mounds of broken rocka nd rubble form a labyrinthine mess in the northwest corner. Several ledges -- including the one where you slew the lookout only minutes ago --overlook the chasm from various heights on the canyon walls.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
"Soldaris?" A voice calls out from the direction of the airship. Aerdene d'Lyrander, without any doubt, crawled out from the rubble beside his vessel. "I don't suppose you brought a healer, or know some of your mystic tricks along those lines? The Cardinal was hurt pretty badly in the crash, but she's still alive. Hershem, though -- you saw him; that must have been the necromancer's men. And Tek fell to those abominations."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
drothgery said:
"Soldaris?" A voice calls out from the direction of the airship. Aerdene d'Lyrander, without any doubt, crawled out from the rubble beside his vessel. "I don't suppose you brought a healer, or know some of your mystic tricks along those lines? The Cardinal was hurt pretty badly in the crash, but she's still alive. Hershem, though -- you saw him; that must have been the necromancer's men. And Tek fell to those abominations."
Doc smiled and then indicated the rest of his companions. "I brought a stele or two that might do in a pinch, but for serious healing we'll have to this contraption of yours back to civilization. Good thing I brought my equipment; looks like you could use a learned opinion." The gibe was gentle, but there. As he moved forward, he gestured for the others to follow.

drothgery

First Post
"I'd be in Maradal by now if someone hadn't hit us with field artillery shot. I saw it when we were going down -- the thing must have dated from the Twenty Years War; the Flame only knows where they found ammunition for it. We could have kept going with just a hole in the hull, but the engine was damaged, and so was the burner. I suppose bound elementals didn't have that problem, but I'd rather my ship not have a mind of its own." Aerdene said, leading you back to a cleared out space in the rubble. "I don't think even the two of us would still be here without the Cardinal's spells -- conjured food tastes awful by the second day you've been living on it, by the way -- but she says she has no healing spells in her prayerbook, and she most definitely has two broken legs. No one ever taught her how to roll with a fall."

OOC: The Twenty Years war was fought about a century ago between the Maradal Principalities and the Republic of South Khorvaire.

Solarious

Explorer
"Well, if any of us here have some healing rotes, we might be out of here in less than half an hour, assuming neither abberant nor zombie shows up... Quaen glances at the downed airship, "But we would likely have to leave the fallen behind, and there are too many unliving parasites in this world. Fixing the airship, on the other hand, will be a challenging prospect, out here in the middle of nowhere. Our additional presence will definitely be noted soon, and they may consider us a greater threat that each other. The necromancer in charge, too, may wish to shoot us down again, if they were behind the attack, which seems likely."

Quaen turns to Doc, asking: "How good do you think you are? If we can fix the contraption, it might be the best course if it can be done quickly."

EvolutionKB

First Post
Grant

Grant still stares in awe at a closer look at the machine. "Truly a marvel," he whispers. Upon hearing of the Cardinal's condition, Grant sets his jaw and says, "I can help to ease her pain a little. Give me what you have for now, I will use what I can. If she is not able to walk then, I will use some of your devices."

[sblock=ooc]Let me know how attractive is the Cardinal when I get there. ;) [/sblock]

Remove ads