• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Druids and Multiattack

Kmart Kommando

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
And leopards?

-Hyp.
should be claw/claw/bite. they have much stronger legs.
Interesting Facts
Leopards can drag up to 3 times their own body weight into a tree and place it on branches over 6 m (19.7 ft) high.
And one variety can climb upside down. The MM writers dropped the ball on this one too.

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
milo said:
As a DM I have always ruled that you can take any feat. The only time they function is when you meet the prereqs. They also don't function for any feats chained for them if you don't meet the prereqs. I have had sorcerers take power attack with a strength of 12, cast bull's strength and go to town with his strength of 16. I don't know if it is the best system, but it works for me.
This matches the FAQ as I recall, which states that you can take a feat even if you only meet its prerequisites part of the time, but you will gain its benefits only whilst you meet its prerequisites.

As I recall, the example given involves a character wearing a Belt of Giant Strength, who can take a feat for which he qualifies due to his enhanced Strength score, but will lose the feat's benefits whenever he removes the belt.

Dimwhit

Explorer
MarkB said:
This matches the FAQ as I recall, which states that you can take a feat even if you only meet its prerequisites part of the time, but you will gain its benefits only whilst you meet its prerequisites.

As I recall, the example given involves a character wearing a Belt of Giant Strength, who can take a feat for which he qualifies due to his enhanced Strength score, but will lose the feat's benefits whenever he removes the belt.
Which should really answer that issue. Until the "FAQ aren't official" crowd comes along...

Will

First Post
I think the RAW doesn't allow druids to have Multiattack.

On the other hand, I think it makes sense that they SHOULD get it, and I really like the idea of 'you can take any feat, only works when prereqs met.'

frankthedm

First Post
Will said:
On the other hand, I think it makes sense that they SHOULD get it, and I really like the idea of 'you can take any feat, only works when prereqs met.'
That allows people to use low level feats on high level feats.

Jack Simth

First Post
frankthedm said:
How well the particular house rule works depends mostly on starting level.

If you start at 1st, getting that higher-level feat a bit early means that you're spending several levels short a feat or two - which is a fairly reasonable balancing factor.

If you start at higher levels, you're missing the weak start, and so don't have much in the way of a balancing factor for the more stringent feats.

Dimwhit

Explorer
frankthedm said:

Not really. The idea (from what I'm seeing) is that you take a feat you only qualify for part of the time. So you would still have to be able to qualify for the feat when you take, if even for only a certain amount of time each day. That way you couldn't take Improved Crit at 3rd level, since you would NEVER qualify for it while at 3rd level (through a spell, etc.).

Watch, now someone will come up with a way to qualify for Imp Crit at first level...

Remove ads