• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dude Where's My Ring? (DM: garyh, Judge: Ozymandias79)

CaBaNa

First Post
Fair deal Kargyll. Are we all set, or do we need to make any stops on the way out of town? I'd like to begin tracking quickly, the less time between us and them, the better chance of finding solid traces.

Kamotz notices yet another person who won't shake his furry hand, and remembers Magnus taking grasp unflinchingly. I'm sure he just didn't notice me extend my hand, or it could be that this place really IS that different from Bacarte.

Taking in the room once more before heading for the stairs Kamotz says fairwell to Kargyll and lets the rest of the group sort out any other details.

Upon reaching the lower level Kamotz eats and drinks his fill, while waiting on the pack.

[sblock=OOC]

I'm just looking to strum up some activity. :)

[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Magnus finished off his ale with a mighty gulp and came up for air again grinning that broken toothed grin of his.

A new direction....hehehe....and now the decision...who goes forward?

[sblock=ooc]

I've yet to hear back from hafrogman, assuming he got the email. I suggest we move on pick up another person and try to get the momentum back into this game.

garyh, would you like to abduct someone from the Tavern and write them in here or prefer us to seek out future partner in crime ourselves?

[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Advance Notice: I'm writing this without a popup, so that it won't get missed (forgive me if this is impolite). I'll be out until May 15th. I'm going on a vacation, and I'm not sure I'll be checking in until I get back. I would like to be able to jump back in, when I get back, but please pardon my absence. I know it comes at a bad time.

As far as a replacement for hafrogman, it's OK with me. Perhaps we can write him back in if he turns up.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
It seems we've struck a deal and found new course.
Or maybe our old course has new found gain
In either case I will my bow attend to this new path
And when it's done be wealthier again.

Many thanks Kargyll
for your adventrous offer
It won't be in vain

With a polite bow of her head, Mikara turns and follows Kamotz down the stairs, but sits quietly in a corner awaiting the others, and making sure that Kamotz has help if he gets into trouble.

[sblock=Skill Check:] I'll take 10 on perception while Mikara keeps an eye on kamotz d20+10 = 20 [/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Kamotz waits with Mikara, until seeing Morvannon walking up, Kamotz finishes off his meal and begins assessing the situation.

We have lost a member of our pack. Tristan has been lost in the party. He may be here or he may not, but this matter is pressing and time is a factor. Do we hunt with a smaller pack, or see if we can find a new member?

When Magnus arrives Kamotz reiterates what is necessary and asks each member their opinion on the issue.

We can do this, we have the skill. Do any of you believe we need help?

garyh

First Post
"When you're ready to strike out," Kargyll says, "I'll have one of my men show you where the two deserters entered the Starkreach."

[sblock=OOC]We can have Tristan getting lost on the way from the docks, and if Hafrogman returns, we can have him catching up with the group. In the meantime, I think it'd be more appropriate for you guys to visit the tavern in character and recruit another PC yourselves.

H.M. Gimlord, thanks for the notice. I'll NPC your character as needed in the interim.[/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I just got a PM back from hafrogman, he's most likely not coming back.[/sblock]

"I think we are going to need another. Tristan gave us the capacity to go toe-to-toe with some axe-swinging madman -- I don't know what's in that forest, but I think it's best to be prepared for anything. Should we try the tavern, see if any armored types are looking for work?"

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Leave Tristan to his mead and mirth. Let's go.
Our quarry fades with every passing breath.
Our strength is likely, for this task, a match.
Let's grab the dwarf and then be on our way."

[sblock=OOC:]Sorry about the lack of color. I'm responding on an iPod that I. Haven't quite figured out yet. [/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Unnecessary...lest you just want to be friendly...hehehe.

Magnus slapped his leg in response to his own joke, causing a small cloud of dust to roll off of his clothing. When his wheezing cackle finally ran out of steam he began to pace around in a slow circle.

Around...and around...that's how She wants it...that pretty pattern...The Hanged Man...

He paused, listening intently for a moment before carrying on.

Yes...we should return...or there may be ill-fortune.

At the last he came to the center of the decaying orbit of his pacing, stopped, and looked meaningfully around at the others.

[sblock]

ill-fortune such as baddies running amok among the party without consequences. :)

Besides it'll be easier on the DM with a balanced party and we get to give someone else a chance to get in on playing a game.

I think we should go ahead and take out guides with us, since this should only be a short stop over.

Just let us know when we're good to go start out recruiting.

[/sblock]

Remove ads