Dude Where's My Ring? (DM: garyh, Judge: Ozymandias79)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I'm going to give you a +1 bonus to that for making me laugh...
[/sblock]

The guard jumps back to avoid the corpse and it falls to the ground with a thud. "Nevermind, nevermind! Stop! Go on - just get out of here!" he cries, mopping blood from his face with his tunic. The other guard looks ill.

[sblock=OOC]
Ok, where to now? To the Temple of Lauto with this guy? Or to the Red Boots' hideout? Or do you want to parade him around town and play Weekend at Bernie's for a while?

Or would you rather find somewhere to contact Reggie first?
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

Red Boots seems to be the party consensus.

[/sblock]

Kamotz shoots the guard a nasty look, Show the dead some respect, Ceremoniously scooping Dennis' corpse back onto his shoulder Kamotz turns, slowly so as to avoid more bloodshed, and asks, Does the Pack have a direction now?

Last edited:

Oni

First Post
Magnus sniffed the air.

This juicy tomato is growing ripe...and riper still...better get him where he's supposed to go...eehehehe.

[sblock=ooc]

Weekend at Bernie's!!! :)

Loved the way Kamotz handled the guards btw.

[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Yep. Stupid Humans.

Mikara tries her best to stifle a gaffaw as Kamotz nunslapps and spatters the guards. She nearly loses it when he hands them the corpse.

She looks the guards in the eye with a 'polite' smile as she passes between them...

"Good day, gentlemen"

[sblock=OOC:] I would be with Oni if it weren't for the fact that Kamotz has already set the bar so high. My vote is for Red Boots. I'm in the mood fore a little more danger.

Kudos Kamotz! That was awasome! :eek::erm::p:D:lol::.-([/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
The denizens of Overgrowth give you no trouble - in fact, you spot unsavoury characters scurrying out of your way when they see you openly lugging a corpse through the streets. As you approach the Red Boots' hideout, you realize you can no longer hear the sound of celebration from inside. The entire building seems to be tense, waiting.

Suddenly Ribeye appears from a shadowed doorway and hurries up to you. "I'da no go in dere 'dis time," he says. "Da boys be a bit hung over. Twitchy." Suddenly he spots the pair of boots dangling over Kamotz's shoulder. "Apoli's a***!" he swears. "'Dat Dennis?" He thinks a bit, then spits. "Wait here.".

Ribeye disappears into the building and returns a short time later with a small bundle, which he dumps unceremoniously on the ground at your feet. "We would'a liked 'im live," he says, "But ya take what ya get. Gimme dem boots back, an' take da body off to Lauto, or where ye will. No use ta us now." He grabs one of Dennis's boots and starts pulling.

[sblock=OOC]
Only Morvannon and Magnus have treasure wish lists on their sheet. Anyone else have any items they particularly want?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC:]
+1 Longbow
+1 Shortsword would be nice.
Something to help me with nature checks?

Is there an official place to put a wish list?

*Oh. On my sheet. Nevermind.*[/sblock]

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Vrrsk't watches in horror as the worshiper of death soundly abuses the corpse he is carrying. Has he no respect for the dead body even as he claims to be delivering it to its honored place of rest? Is the price of bribing the guard so steep that it cannot be paid out of the gold from the bag the group has just found, some of which likely belonged to Kamotz's charge in life? Just as he is about to reach for the money himself to put an end to the disgusting display of callous disrespect for the dead, the corrupt guards allow the group to pass.

Vrrsk't bites his tongue and silently shakes his head; this world has clearly slipped far into the clutches of darkness, and he is all the more determined to save it from itself. He follows the others to their destination and waits patiently to be paid for his share of the work.

[sblock=OOC]
I'll have to add a wishlist soon. About the only thing that's popping into my head right now is Dwarven Scale... forgot that scale had no negative modifier, and it'd be nice to actually have some Endurance...
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
You know what? I want to get this finished up before I have to leave town (early Friday morning), so I'm just going to assume nobody objects to the Red Boots taking back their boots.
[/sblock]

Ribeye finishes tugging the signature red boots off of Dennis's body, and spits in the dirt again. "Dere," he grunts. "Now we all square. You take dat corpse and dat bounty..." (He gestures towards the bundle on the ground.) "And git on outta here." You hear the distinctive sound of a crossbow cocking and look up to see archers covering the windows.

With no reason to complain about the deal, you drag the bundle into an alley and open it. It contains nothing but three wooden sticks of varying lengths.

[sblock=OOC]
Up to you how much confusion to RP before figuring this out, but let's move on to the next step quickly, please. The three sticks are a Magic Rod +1, a Magic Staff +1, and an unstrung Long Bow +1.

Now - what are you going to do with this corpse that the Red Boots left you with? (Leaving it in the dirt in front of their hideout is a perfectly valid option.) And where are you going to go to contact Reggie?
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Kamotz snuffles the sack, and walks away.
I don't want any of that. It smells funny. I'll deliver Dennis to the temple, in case he strikes a deal with Death. Where are we meeting with Reginald?

[sblock=OOC]

wish list Verve Armor, and a Death Stalker weapon, full blade that I plan to flavor like Kamotz just carries a HUGE scythe.

[/sblock]

Remove ads