Dude Where's My Ring? (DM: garyh, Judge: Ozymandias79)

CaBaNa

First Post
Ring, and body. Morvannon, contact reggie, we should be on our way.
The Red Boots are expecting this corpse, and our contract has been fulfilled, I'm ready to go to my temple and file my paperwork.
Kamotz hackles are raised in irritation at losing the girl.

Knowing the Pack will start moving when any of them makes the first move, Kamotz begins heading back toward the Red Boots. Dennis' Corpse still dripping over his shoulder.

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
His rage subsiding, Vrrsk't takes a moment to meditate. He turns his body toward the sun, closes his eyes and then raises his head to catch the sunlight directly on his face. He watches the light play on the inside of his eyelids and hopes to divine the correct message from Apoli.

As he hears Kamotz leaving, he silently falls in line behind him. His thoughts, for the time being, are his own.

RedBeardJim

First Post
Morvannon turns at Mikara's words, deflating somewhat. "Oh, the ring! Oh. Well. Never mind, then.

Kamotz, I'll contact Reggie when we get back to town. I need a non-magical fire, and I don't really feel like starting one in the middle of this forest. I'd also rather get our business with the Red Boots completed before dealing with him."

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara pockets the ring

-sings softly to herself in a reverie...

"Through the forest, to the city
carrying a ring so pretty.
Cannot wear it here in the forest's noon wind.
Got to give it back to a stupid human."

She falls back in with the rest of the group, allowing herself to be entertained by the fact that they're all following a creature who only an hour ago honestly believed he was being attacked by a poplar.

Let's see how good this death-hungry shifter is at finding his way back to the city.

Oni

First Post
Magnus stared at the circle of runes a moment longer, scratching at his ill-managed beard. The sour expression continued hang over his face.

Can't see the pattern...lost us, and lost themselves...this door is closed!

With a gesture the dirt of the clearing floor began to shift about, wiping the arcane diagram from existence.

Hehehe...I suppose some things will come full circle today...and some circles have a longer arc yet...

Turning from the ruined runes, Magnus trotted after Kamotz trying to catch up to the lanky shifter.

CaBaNa

First Post
Very sensible Morvannon. Fire in the middle of the woods... does anyone else see the black smoke above Daunton? Is Daunton on FIRE?! Kamotz spins to make sure the Pack is together, doing a silent head count. Blood creates an odd spiral around the shifter as he does so.

Let's make haste, if our employers are affected we may not be released of our obligations...

JoeNotCharles

First Post
The trip back to Daunton is uneventful (and the plume of smoke on the horizon makes it impossible to get lost). As you arrive back at the city gates, however, the smoke has mostly cleared.

A pair of guards are on duty, one watching the road and the other craning his neck to stare at the fire. "Looks like they've finally taken care of it," he says, when his partner grips his arm and he turns to stare at you.

"All right, what's this then?" grunts the guard, pointing at the body slung over Kamotz's shoulder. Both of them tighten their grip on their halberds.

CaBaNa

First Post
At ease. Snaps Kamotz, as he continues walking without pause, I am a Cler'k of Lauto, and this corpse is to be delivered to His temple.

He continues his stride attempting to pass by the guards without stopping. Making eye contact and holding as authoritative an air as possible.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I see from your character sheet that you don't own a Holy Symbol. Pity, that would have diffused this situation easily. As it is, I'll have to make a Diplomacy roll (I'll just do it myself to keep things moving).

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2134492/]... 13 Not terrible, but not fantastic.
[/sblock]

One guard nudges the other and says, "Course you are, should've seen that right off the bat. Just pay the corpse tax and you can go on through. 10 gold."

The other looks at him and mouths, "Corpse tax?" The first guard shushes him.

CaBaNa

First Post
Kamotz abruptly comes to a halt at the crossed polearm barrier.
Right, no problem, corpse tax, How could I have forgotten, let me retrieve my purse.

The shifter begins swinging wildly left and right, searching through his robes, ruffling papers. The result of this is a large amount of blood spattering the guards. Raining crimson as he spins from side to side. Stopping so close to the guards has also caused the issue of Dennis occasionally kicking or slapping a guard from the momentum.

Kamotz keeps this up, feigning ignorance to where his purse could have gotten too, It was right here, just when I left town, wait... Hold this for a moment, Kamotz Slumps the corpse into both arms, and tries to hand him off to the guard, so that he can search more easily.

[sblock=OOC]

Bluff check to feign ignorance of the blood splatter, corpse pummeling, and location of purse. 14

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads