D&D General Dumb Reasons To Get Booted From a Group.

We knew the session was gonna be bad at the start when it was a Goth dude Ref, and his harem of mostly female Goth players.

It just gave off the vibe that they liked to live action half the crap they were roleplaying, and a lot of it was pretty overtly sexual.

To break up the cringe and creepy sexual vibes, every now and then I'd yell out 'Whistler', play the Blade music on my phone (to assist with the deep immersion we were going for, naturally) and Leeroy Jenkins buckets of dice slaughtering everything in sight, while my mate would count off victims with a 'One Werewolf, TWO Werewolves..' in the Counts voice from Sesame Street.

We came. We saw. We conquered.

Pretty sure our existence was retconned out after that one session. Be hilarious if we were canon in that story though.

Zardnaar

Legend
We knew the session was gonna be bad at the start when it was a Goth dude Ref, and his harem of mostly female Goth players.

It just gave off the vibe that they liked to live action half the crap they were roleplaying, and a lot of it was pretty overtly sexual.

To break up the cringe and creepy sexual vibes, every now and then I'd yell out 'Whistler', play the Blade music on my phone (to assist with the deep immersion we were going for, naturally) and Leeroy Jenkins buckets of dice slaughtering everything in sight, while my mate would count off victims with a 'One Werewolf, TWO Werewolves..' in the Counts voice from Sesame Street.

Pretty sure our existence was retconned out after that one session. Be hilarious if we were canon in that story though.

Well you're the problem in that group. I wouldn't join such a group but if they're happy enough whatever.

To emo for me though.

Zardnaar

Legend
The group I‘d been gaming with since 1996 or so also included some guys I’d known since the mid-1980s. Someone quickly set up a Yahoo Group to handle communications. Worked for years, but Yahoo decided they weren’t going to support them anymore after 2017 or so.

One of the guys set up a Slack account for the group. I told them I wasn’t interested in using Slack, but since my email & cell hadn’t changed in a decade, and my home phone hadn’t changed since 1998, I told them to contact me that way.

And they didn’t.

I started using messenger because everyone else did.

It is easier vs messaging everyone individually.

Last edited:

That is deliciously funny. You Sir, made my night shift much more enjoyable!

Faolyn

(she/her)
We were playing metagurps. When my turn came up, I rolled Biotech, Horror, and Bunnies & Burrows. They offered to let me reroll, but I got my stubborn up-- maybe if any one of those cowards had said they didn't want to play that game, instead of telling me I couldn't make it work...

Anyway, two sessions later... on the third session, I showed up and the conference room was empty and all of their cellphones went to voicemail without ringing.
Ouch.

But as for your roll... Ever read Grant Morrison's We3?

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)

That’s not a dumb reason to get booted from a group, it’s a perfectly valid one. You absolutely deserved to be booted for that, and frankly I’m surprised you were allowed to get away with it for a whole session. It’s fine if you didn’t like the tone of their game, but that doesn’t give you an excuse to be a disruptive player. If you don’t like a game or a group, just leave. Don’t be a jerk.

That’s not a dumb reason to get booted from a group, it’s a perfectly valid one. You absolutely deserved to be booted for that, and frankly I’m surprised you were allowed to get away with it for a whole session. It’s fine if you didn’t like the tone of their game, but that doesn’t give you an excuse to be a disruptive player. If you don’t like a game or a group, just leave. Don’t be a jerk.
I'm comfortable being a jerk to sleazy DM's who groom their female players to play out weird sexual vampire fantasies with them.

I wasn't going to go along with it, and (sadly) we were relying on a friend to pick us up so we were stuck there.

The only person I legit felt bad for was the girl that invited us, but after further discussions with her, it turned out my initial read of the group (and the DM) was absolutely spot on.

Turns out we did her a solid.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases