Dumbest rpg idea ever?

aramis erak

Legend
Um, yeah, it doesn't get a lot dumber than FATAL.
Au contraire!

FATAL merely takes D&D and adds stats and rules for sex-acts both consensual and non.
Right on par with that, Rolemaster COmpanion I or II included rules for childbirth and all the nasty potential consequences, and relatively medieval odds of them happening...

Dumber is pretty easy.

RaHoWa... a contraction of "Racial Holy War" - a buzzword laden hate training sim... according to the reviews.

Not vile, but equally as WTF???, "DragonRaid Adventure Learning System" - for which the required player action for the magic system is the correct biblical passage (no improvising, either... spell name and correct passage. It's aimed at Fundamentalist Christians.... Prooftexting as a game mechanic is innovative... but aiming for the population demographic most likely to utterly reject gaming at all... Moreover, it's not even "normal sinner's dice" but the "demonic dice of D&D"... (quotes from a fundamentalist preacher.)

Or, the leaked LaNassa "Star Frontiers" "draft"...

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
FATAL merely takes D&D and adds stats and rules for sex-acts both consensual and non. . .

RaHoWa... a contraction of "Racial Holy War" - a buzzword laden hate training sim... according to the reviews.
Yikes. And here I thought "making movies with 'D&D' in the title" would rank pretty high.

I'm still torn on whether the Wendy's RPG was brilliant or stupid.

Au contraire!

FATAL merely takes D&D and adds stats and rules for sex-acts both consensual and non.
Right on par with that, Rolemaster COmpanion I or II included rules for childbirth and all the nasty potential consequences, and relatively medieval odds of them happening...

Dumber is pretty easy.

Not vile, but equally as WTF???, "DragonRaid Adventure Learning System" - for which the required player action for the magic system is the correct biblical passage (no improvising, either... spell name and correct passage. It's aimed at Fundamentalist Christians.... Prooftexting as a game mechanic is innovative... but aiming for the population demographic most likely to utterly reject gaming at all... Moreover, it's not even "normal sinner's dice" but the "demonic dice of D&D"... (quotes from a fundamentalist preacher.)

Or, the leaked LaNassa "Star Frontiers" "draft"...
I read the infamous review of FATAL and it clearly included magic items that played on racial caricatures as well, like the one that gave you big genitals but lowered your intellect (no prize awarded for guessing what the race in question was).

It was also possible to somehow fumble badly enough to disembowel yourself and survive… lol so realistic.

RivetGeekWil

Lead developer Tribes in the Dark
Has anyone ever been dumb enough to make a game where you stat another member of your gaming group and play them as a PC?
Not that I know of. In the End of the World games from FFG had players stat themselves and recommended having the other players vote on the stats or something.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Any game where you are supposed to stat and play yourself as a PC

Has anyone ever been dumb enough to make a game where you stat another member of your gaming group and play them as a PC?
I almost ran something similar: you’d stat yourself up, but instead of completing the CharGen, all the character sheets would be collected and then randomly distributed. Players would then complete CharGen by making their characters with the stats they received. I didn’t do it because I didn’t want to see the reactions as people looked at how others saw themselves.

I still think it’s a good idea, but I’d only try it if I could totally anonymize the sheets so nobody- including me- could ID whose stats they were looking at.

On a serious note, I remember the d30 from days of yore, but only recently learned of the d14, d16, and d18. The d16 makes me happy being halfway between the 12 and 20, but the 14 and 18 seem a step too far for no particular reason -- except if I had all three it feels like it would be hard to pick out which was which.
Ohhh I didn't know they existed - I want them now :ROFLMAO:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases