• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon #128

Kesh

First Post
The new Dungeon arrived today, and I didn't see a thread on it, so here goes:

Shut-In - After a series of brutal murders, a deranged, mute halfling has been arrested and tried... and escaped on his way to death row. Aristocrats clamor for protection, but the local guard is stretched thin. The PCs are hired to act as bodyguards... but what noble family doesn't have something to hide? (For four 2nd-level PCs.)

Age of Worms - The Champion's Belt - The annual Champion's Games are here! Gladiators from far away lands have come to compete for the honor of becoming a champion. However, the games are run by a noble who is deep in the Age of Worms prophecy, even though he is well-loved by the public. With the help of a rival noble, the PCs can enter the tournament... and hopefully derail the plot to bring a great evil to life. (5th installment of the Age of Worms adventure path for four 9th-level PCs.)

Backdrop: The Free City - Wondering just what shops you can find in the Age of Worms adventure path? Here's a list of the places and people you can use for incidental adventures in the Free City. The article mentions that if you set the adventure in Greyhawk, FR or Eberron, you can still use all these locales; they are general enough to fit in any of the appropriate cities, but enough information is given to use the Free City itself if you prefer.

Vampires of Waterdeep - The Fireplace Level - The PCs are finally in the last stronghold of the Master Vampire of Waterdeep. Here, they will encounter ghosts long forgotten, and monsters placed to destroy any intruders. (3rd installment of the Vampires of Waterdeep adventure series for four 14th-level adventurers.)

Dungeoncraft comes back with Mastering the Game: Winging It, part 1. Campaign Workbook brings us The City: Wet Your Whistle, a collection of taverns; and The Journey: Express Travel, going into a few different methods of getting your PCs where they need to go... fast!

Preview of next issue:

Murder in Oakbridge - "The PCs match wits with a brilliant assassin driven insane by the accidental death of her daughter years ago. To solve this dark murder mystery, the PCs must use their perception and intellect along with their arsenal of spells and abilities. An Eberron adventure for 5th-level characters."

A Gathering of Winds - "The PCs return to Diamond Lake to consult with the sage Allustan, only to find the place in shambles after a visit from the black dragon Ilthane. Allustan himself is missing, and tracking him leads to an active gate within the Whispering Cairn. Can the PCs survive the fully-active true tomb of Icosiol, General of the Wind Dukes of Aaqa, and claim a fragment of the Rod of Seven Parts? An Age of Worms Adventure Path scenario for 11th level characters."

The Twisted Run - "Faerun's Northlands are home to orcs, trolls, lycanthropes, and worse. When the Lady Alustriel brought the northern nations together, the Beastlord Malar could no longer watch as his wilderness was slowly civilized. The god chose his most worthy follower, anth-Malar, sufficsed him with divine essence, and tasked him with bringing devastation and chaos to all who defiled the wilderness. A Forgotten Realms adventure for 17th level characters."

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
You know, prior to this issue I was one of the "Down with Downer" people. I didn't spew flames over it, but when the issue came up, I spoke against it, mostly because I didn't like the artwork, etc.

If there was ever a single issue of Downer that'd change my mind, this one was it. Seriously. Mostly because, for me, it seriously started to get interesting as it took on a Planescape feel, and hinted at there being some major iconic D&D powers wrapped up in this. That's the way to catch my interest, reel me in, and leave me wanting more (for the first time ever, I want to see what happens in the next Downer).
The segue to Sigil, and there, seeing Shkiv, Ygorl's great brass wyrm plotting there, was absolutely fantastic. The part I liked the most was how, at the end, he showed the picture of himself and Ygorl in the old Monster Manual and said the picture didn't look anything like him. Outrageous!

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Whoa, the Age of Worms involves the Rod of Seven Parts? I hadn't heard that. That's cool. Um, how portable is the Adventure Path so far?
Portable? As in, useful outside of Greyhawk? The Age of Worms Overload, as well as the other online expansions at Paizo, has a bunch of conversion tips for the Forgotten Realms and Eberron, and even tips for making it even more Greyhawky. The Eberron conversion notes are a bit sparser than I'd like, but do a very good job of setting the backstory of Age of Worms within the backstory of Eberron.

Demiurge out.

Grand_Director

Explorer
This looks great! Any mystery type adventur can easily be adapted to higher level. I may use the backdrop in my Shackled City game right now. I also have a haunted town on my map that the players are thinging about heading off to in a few level so the vamp adventure is also good. Couple this with the "Fane of the Drow" O bought tonight, I don't have to do any heavy lifting for months.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads