Dungeon Magazine #113 Is In

Laslo Tremaine

Explorer
So far I've liked what I've seen with Eberron, but the lack of a fold-out, detailed map of the main continent in the CSB was pretty inexcusable.

The fact that the map in Dungeon fails to show most of the vital information makes it pretty useless...

What the heck is WotC thinking? :(

talinthas

First Post
WotC has been putting out crappy maps for a while now, starting with the Dragonlance campaign setting. No pull out map, and the one they put on the web didn't even have places like Solace on it, which is more or less the most important city in the campaign...

Talk about useless. It's not even worth hanging on a wall.

BV210

Explorer
Brakkart, glad to hear you're looking forward to the adventure set on the Isle of Dread ("Torrents of Dread"). Since my brother wrote it, I'm kinda proud it's making its way into print. One piece of info he shared with me straight from Erik Mona, the Isle of Dread has been stolen from Mystara and is now located on Greyhawk.

Oh, Torrents is as creepy as his previous published submission, "Tammeraut's Fate".

Ranger REG

Explorer
talinthas said:
WotC has been putting out crappy maps for a while now, starting with the Dragonlance campaign setting. No pull out map, and the one they put on the web didn't even have places like Solace on it, which is more or less the most important city in the campaign...

Talk about useless. It's not even worth hanging on a wall.
Who's the cartographer for Eberron?

Olive

Explorer
d20Dwarf said:
Isn't that a bit excessive?

Remember they're playing catch up from #112

qstor said:
Erik Mona said the Dungeon will continue to contain periodic "Approved for use with Living Greyhawk" articles like a write up of Rel Astra and Irongate this fall.

But where's the Knights of the Hart and the Old Lore Bards? :)

Yeah, even with Erik at the helm, I'm slightly worried about this. I suspect we'll see more greyhawk adventures and less greyhawk articles. But I'd also liek to see old faith druids! Maybe an article with the bards AND the druids would be fun.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Nothing to be concerned about, Olive. You're in good hands.

The Isle of Dread map, you'll be pleased to know, has a bunch of sites listed on it. It's also really, really pretty.

Insofar as Mystara is concerned, it'll take almost no effort to use the article and adventure as Mystara/Known World supplements, but as Greg Vaughan's brother said, we ported it to Greyhawk (which already has a fine tradition of Known World doppelgangerism via Blackmoor).

--Erik Mona
Editor-in-Chief
Dungeon

dargoth3

First Post
d20Dwarf said:

So when can we expect that sequel to Forest of Blood Wil?

A couple of weeks ago Eric Mona said there was a shortage of FR modules for Dungeon.........

*Starts poking Wil with a stick*

Remove ads