Dungeon of the Mad Mage Delayed By One Week!

For those waiting for November 2nd's release of Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage, there's some bad news -- it looks like the book is being delayed by a week due to a printing issue. WotC says "Halaster is at it again! Because of a hex he cast upon the printing presses in our world, Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage, Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage Maps & Miscellany & Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Dice Set will be in game stores on Nov. 9 & everywhere else on November 20."

For those waiting for November 2nd's release of Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage, there's some bad news -- it looks like the book is being delayed by a week due to a printing issue. WotC says "Halaster is at it again! Because of a hex he cast upon the printing presses in our world, Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage, Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage Maps & Miscellany & Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Dice Set will be in game stores on Nov. 9 & everywhere else on November 20."

dmmd.jpg

Gull

Villager
The whole separate map pack thing seems sort of like a box set you can purchase separately if you need to save money, or don't care about the maps. I don't really mind.

It'd only be scummy if the hardcover book's maps were somehow illegible, printed too small to make out important details and whatnot. But since the maps are by Dyson, I can't imagine that being the case. His stuff should work fine even scaled down for the size of a hardcover.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I missed it, but, are the maps in this book also being done by Dyson Logos? I'm still kinda on the fence about whether I like them or not. I'm kinda happy that Fantasy Grounds also included color maps with Dragon Heist, although, since they're made in CC3, they aren't exactly pretty either.

But, then again, I've got a disease when it comes to maps and stuff to use on a VTT. At least these maps line up nicely on the grid.

It is a different artist, not Dyson, but it is also a minimalist B&W style.

BMaC

Adventurer
Self-important corporate executive:
"What kind of excuse is 'our printer's physical presence is in Hurricane Alley'? That's the little sidestreet near downtown! … O-o-o-oh-h-h-h, THAT kind of hurricane."

I missed that the printer was affected by Hurricane Michael. Do you have a source?

Li Shenron

Legend
I never pre-order or rush out to buy a book when it comes out exactly because it always turns out the first print has flaws. But if I was, I'd rather wait an extra week to have at least something fixed.

SuperTD

Explorer
What issues? I am thinking about buying MtoF for Xmas, is there anything I should worry about?

Some of the alternate cover versions available at game stores had issues with scuffing and warped covers so they had to do a product recall. If you're getting the normal version there are no issues.

Turgenev

Hero
I'm guessing they will have one or two maps in the book, Similar to to DH and previous WOTC published books. And because Undermountian is now mapped completely it wasn't cost effective to include maps for each level, increasing the cost of the book for something not everyone uses(theater of the mind peeps) So a separate thing for those who want maps for each level.
The book will have 20 dungeon maps (one for each level) plus one and half maps for Skullport.

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
I missed it, but, are the maps in this book also being done by Dyson Logos? I'm still kinda on the fence about whether I like them or not. I'm kinda happy that Fantasy Grounds also included color maps with Dragon Heist, although, since they're made in CC3, they aren't exactly pretty either.

But, then again, I've got a disease when it comes to maps and stuff to use on a VTT. At least these maps line up nicely on the grid.
For the record, Dyson Logos didn't do the maps for Undermountain. I did. :) My style is old school and similar to Dyson Logos's style.

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSword

Legend
I find mapping fascinating. It’s always really interesting to see how it has changed over the years. I blame Paizo for starting beautiful maps of such high quality they could be printed out s battlemaps and 5e for giving us Mike Schley for campaign books full of that kind of art. The Tomb of Annihilation maps are such high resolution that it’s a gift.

That said I’ve had a lot of success with CC3+ (or rather the Dungeon designer add on) combined with Mike Schley Symbol Set. I’m working my way through the Dragon Heist maps and loving designing city streets.

Remove ads

Remove ads