WotC Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer Is A New UK Magazine To Teach D&D

As reported on the Mastering Dungeons podcast, Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer is a weekly magazine from D&D publisher Wizards of the Coast and UK magazine publisher Hachette Partworks, designed as a magazine run to teach you D&D and serve as an adventure kit. Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer is a brand new partwork that teaches you how to play the world’s most popular tabletop roleplaying game...

As reported on the Mastering Dungeons podcast, Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer is a weekly magazine from D&D publisher Wizards of the Coast and UK magazine publisher Hachette Partworks, designed as a magazine run to teach you D&D and serve as an adventure kit.

Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer is a brand new partwork that teaches you how to play the world’s most popular tabletop roleplaying game, with an exclusive adventure, easy step-by-step instructions and all the background information you need to start creating your own characters and becoming a D&D expert. Collect the specially designed dice given throughout the collection and join us on a wild ride through the D&D journey of a lifetime!

Each of the first four issues also comes with a free dice set, along with bigger goodies every few deliveries, inclusing dice towers, binders, keyrings, even a DM screen. A premium subscripiton throws in miniatures, too. It's kind of a combination of loot box and magazine.

There are currently 80 weekly issues planned. The first issue is £1.99, with subsequent issues costing more at £4.99 for issue #2, and then $7.99 onwards (and the premium subscription versions more at £9.49 per week). As they're weekly, that comes to about £32 per month, or £38 for premium.

The magazine is available in UK stores or via subscription.

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 9.26.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 9.28.05 PM.png

A premium subscription that includes miniatures.

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 9.29.24 PM.png

home-intro-carousel-image-4.jpeg

Kris

Adventurer
As a slight aside, I tried to cancel my subscription yesterday - but the 'cancel subscription' button is broken - it just redirects to the same page I'm already on (so I've had to drop them an email instead - and I hope that works). However, because they'll need 28 days notice... that will probably mean that I'll have to pay for the next delivery (of 4 issues - so almost £36) - which isn't ideal (but it's in their terms and conditions - so that's on me I suppose - it's just not great from a customer perspective).

Noddy Beholder

Explorer
So I had more money than sense and bought issue 7. I went paler than a WotC Drow when I realised how much I'd spent on these, but it did have a nice set of dice with it. Not read the mag yet, but the dice are glow in the dark ^_^

darjr

I crit!
James from Ghostfire Games, who writes for the UK D&D Magazine Adventurer, comments about wanting to put new 2024 D&D art in the magazine. WotC didn’t but it’s another positive note that there is new art.

Last edited:

ced1106

Explorer
Battle Systems Terrain article for the "King Under the Hill" and "The Forgotten Vault" adventures!

RPG.net review of the Village Set, which includes the tavern for "King Under the Hill" :

Pretty obviously, you'd want to pick up the terrain if you also have other RPG adventures and/or miniature skirmish and wargames you can use for them. I have the Village set, and used it for Five Leagues from the Borderlands, Sellswords and Spellslingers, Rangers of Shadowdeep, and Lasting Tales.

Tavern-cat-600x421.jpg

Remove ads

Remove ads