D&D General Dungeons & Dragons Coming to HeroClix

Heroclix Iconix: Eye of the Beholder available for pre-order

Wizkids opened pre-orders for HeroClix Iconix: Eye of the Beholder.

dndx1-001_beholder_hiresrender_20_for_20web_20_1_1024x1024.png

Despite a years-long relationship between Wizards of the Coast and WizKids, the forthcoming release of the Eye of the Beholder marks the first time that Dungeons & Dragons made it to the clicky-base miniature skirmish game, HeroClix. The set will feature a premium pre-painted Beholder figure and its power card, two 3D objects on bases (one treasure pile with a chest and one treasure pile with a satchel) with their cards, a map, and 1d20.

dndx1-s001_treasurechest_hiresrender_20_for_20web_20_1_1024x1024.png
dndx1-s002_bagofholding_hiresrender_20_for_20web_20_1_1024x1024.png

The set is available for pre-order for Q4 2024 with a retail price of $24.99.

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

aco175

Legend
I have only used HerosClix for D&D minis so I do not know much about them. I would need to modify the base to fit on the 1" grid though and ruin what it was intended for. The beholder looks fine, but I do not know what the purple crystal is supposed to be. I also wonder how many of my players would just think mimic when the chest mini is placed down.

Abstruse

Legend
I have only used HerosClix for D&D minis so I do not know much about them. I would need to modify the base to fit on the 1" grid though and ruin what it was intended for. The beholder looks fine, but I do not know what the purple crystal is supposed to be. I also wonder how many of my players would just think mimic when the chest mini is placed down.
It's a fun game if you're into miniature games. Also plays faster than most because everything's handled by the clicky base. As far as the crystal, I don't think it's a crystal, it's the aura of magical power as one of the eye rays is about to fire.

Yenrak

Explorer
How would you play with this? Most of the Heroclix stuff seems to be superheroes. Are they producing a D&D themed starter set?

Abstruse

Legend
How would you play with this? Most of the Heroclix stuff seems to be superheroes. Are they producing a D&D themed starter set?
If they're doing a full-on D&D set, they haven't announced it yet. Just the beholder. They've done a bunch of non-comic stuff over the years. Star Trek, Alien vs. Predator, King Kong, Freddy vs. Jason, BPRD and Hellboy (which is a comic but not exactly superhero-spandex), and Cthulhu. So having just the beholder doesn't stand out all that much. Even if you think about the stuff that's just in Marvel and DC comics like Clayface, The Lizard, Solomon Grundy, MODOK, King Shark, etc. aren't that much more out there than a beholder.

Remove ads

Remove ads