Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance reviews are out

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
(Also, NWN2 was awful! :p)

I still have nightmare about that camera!

The camera...the camera....nooooooooooooooooooooooo....I just want to zoom closer to my PC...why am I looking at their feet?!

The Mask of the Betrayer expansion was pretty great, though.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Yeah like I gotta be honest and page @Umbran here and say "Yup that's another mark on the 'WotC has no idea how to handle digital and their successes are pure luck' side of the score sheet" lol. Damn.

Sorry. I legitimately wish I were incorrect on that.

I mean, it is entirely understandable that they don't know how to manage such stuff. It is just a shame that they can't seem to staff with people who do, and then listen to them.

Last edited:

Mercador

Adventurer
I mean buying the studio before the game was out yet, why would they take that risk?
I have no idea why WotC bought Tuque studios, I can't even believe that some high executives saw that as a good opportunity. "Let's purchase a studio from whom the CEO is saying is creating AAA games without any proof". It sounds they just have too much money to burn.

Hurin70

Adventurer
At this point, I'm just flabbergasted. The game is a disaster. The fact that WotC has actually gone all-in and bought the studio raises the damage to outright catastrophe.

I have not one ounce of confidence in this studio and will not buy another game by them.

At this point, I'm just flabbergasted. The game is a disaster. The fact that WotC has actually gone all-in and bought the studio raises the damage to outright catastrophe.

I have not one ounce of confidence in this studio and will not buy another game by them.

The question becomes whose going to be left holding the bag? Its not going to be Tuque studios' CEO whose already made his money selling it in the first place.

Maybe they can get Larian Studios to buy Tuque Studios, Larian then dumps DA and puts these folks to work doing the tedious stuff on BG3. Larian Studios loves buying other smaller studios and putting them to work on BG3, this would be just another notch on Swen's sword.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
The question becomes whose going to be left holding the bag? Its not going to be Tuque studios' CEO whose already made his money selling it in the first place.

Maybe they can get Larian Studios to buy Tuque Studios, Larian then dumps DA and puts these folks to work doing the tedious stuff on BG3. Larian Studios loves buying other smaller studios and putting them to work on BG3, this would be just another notch on Swen's sword.
That would even be quite easy. Larian has a studio in Québec City and Tuque Game is located in Montréal, so they are already next door (in terms of Canadian distances, oc). A merger or buy-out would be a good idea for all parties, I'd think.

if No Man's Sky can manage it, Dark Alliance could as well. Emphasis on the could. It could end up a No Man's Sky, or it could be an Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Looking at their social media, I'm guessing it's going to be the latter. There's been zero triage or attempt to address the issues publicly. Everything is full steam ahead with the hype machine.

No amount of bug fixing is going to make this a game worth paying for.

if No Man's Sky can manage it, Dark Alliance could as well. Emphasis on the could. It could end up a No Man's Sky, or it could be an Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Looking at their social media, I'm guessing it's going to be the latter. There's been zero triage or attempt to address the issues publicly. Everything is full steam ahead with the hype machine.

Why would they bother with more then bug fixes when its still selling in the current top ten. Nevergood continues to be a money making public disgrace that gets by on lockbox addicts, the FR brand, and great cut scenes alone, so why would DA worry when it can run on the FR brand and Drizzt fans alone apparently.

Remove ads