D&D Movie/TV Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves At San Diego Comic-Con

Attendees of San Diego Comic-Con this year will be able to immerse themselves in a 'Tavern Experience' promoting the upcoming D&D movie, Honor Among Thieves, IGN reports. It will be a 20-minute experience in which you can interact with D&D critters and characters. Additionally, guests can try both alcoholic and non-alcoholic versions of 'Dragon Brew'. Additionally, on Thursday July 21st...

Attendees of San Diego Comic-Con this year will be able to immerse themselves in a 'Tavern Experience' promoting the upcoming D&D movie, Honor Among Thieves, IGN reports. It will be a 20-minute experience in which you can interact with D&D critters and characters. Additionally, guests can try both alcoholic and non-alcoholic versions of 'Dragon Brew'.

Additionally, on Thursday July 21st, during the convention, the films cast will be on stage and fans will get a sneak peek at the movie, which is due out next year.

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves includes in its cast Chris Pine, Hugh Grant, Michelle Rodriguez, Regé-Jean Page, and more.

78B046E1-0EDF-4583-9D0F-93122BE2295E.jpeg

Reynard

Legend
IIRC the TV series that was announced as in development was worded in such a way that if the movie is a success then it'll tie into the movie the way that the Marvel shows tie into the Marvel movies, but if the movie is a flop it can go forward as its own thing. So I'd assume a Realms show. They're also hoping to make multiple shows - I think everyone wants to have the Marvel model of film and TV shows working in concert.

Here's an article from January about it - Rawson Marshall Thurber To Spearhead Flagship ‘Dungeons & Dragons’ TV Series For eOne They use the words "complement the film series" which I suspect means "it doesn't tie in directly, unless the film does well, in which case we'll figure out how to make it tie in directly".
I can't imagine a D&D setting better fit for live action than Eberron. Its entire ethos is "mash up LotR and Indiana Jones and The Maltese Falcon" and they want to stick with the most vanilla, derivative setting on Earth. It's boggles.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I can't imagine a D&D setting better fit for live action than Eberron. Its entire ethos is "mash up LotR and Indiana Jones and The Maltese Falcon" and they want to stick with the most vanilla, derivative setting on Earth. It's boggles.
I remember not too long ago a multi-page thread on how confusing Eberon would be to viewers because it has magic trains.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
Unless that changes we're unlikely to see film studios take much risk with big budget properties or potential franchises - the risks are being taken by smaller studios like A24 (who, not coincidentally, have had an Earthsea TV series in development for a while now - there's a title and a studio that should lead to some fantasy on the serious side of things).
!!! Wowzers, is that ever something I didn't know I needed until I heard about it.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads