D&D 5E Dungeons of Drakkenheim kickstarter reaches a million

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Here's the next million dollar kickstarter:

Drakkenheim is a city cursed by being hit by a meteor of "crystalized" magical energy known as delirium. This is an sand-boxy setting where the players explore the cursed city and interact with others who have various plans on what to do with delirium (destroy it? worship it? use it?). It was sort of "play tested" by their first streaming campaign. I think it has a lot of potential and I'm going to run it as my next big campaign :)

It's open for about 2 more days, so if you are curious, head over! :)

(note: I am not affiliated with this kickstarter or the dungeon dudes beyond be a fan/backer)

tommybahama

Adventurer
Can anyone estimate how much profit they are going to make off this kickstarter? They have 4 people listed on their team, but that YouTuber the Dungeon Coach has 13 listed for his kickstarter (Alkander's Almanac). He's only at $186K with three days to go and I don't think he's doing custom minis and dice for his project. So I'm assuming they have a much larger team backing them up.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Can anyone estimate how much profit they are going to make off this kickstarter? They have 4 people listed on their team, but that YouTuber the Dungeon Coach has 13 listed for his kickstarter (Alkander's Almanac). He's only at $186K with three days to go and I don't think he's doing custom minis and dice for his project. So I'm assuming they have a much larger team backing them up.
Not a clue.

They're using Backerkit, which possibly means a big ad spend -- the cost of the ads themselves, plus 15% to BK. Depending on what they're spending that could be anything from tens to hundreds of thousands. And they're working with Ghostfire Gaming, which has been collaborator on several million dollar Kickstarters (although they offer a variety of different services, and I don't know what their price structure is like).

And they have miniatures which always make for the big figures, plus card decks, plushies, pins, dice, fabric maps, but I don't really know anything about the costs behind them. There's over 1600 people spending $200+ though.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
That will be the 7th this year. An average of one every month. Before this year it was one every 2 years.
I posted this to well, help them out a bit, but mostly because I felt a 1 million gaming kickstarter was newsworthy... I guess it still sort of is, but I had no idea the bar had shifted so much :O

Edit: when you say the 7th, you mean the 7th gaming kickstarters, or all kickstarters?

Remove ads