• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E DungeonScape Beta Gloat Thread

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's late, so I just whipped through a quick character - a wood elf ranger. Took a couple of minutes and was easy and intuitive. Some minor display glitches, but nothing I imagine will remain there. Overall, good first impression.

Warunsun

First Post
I am happy you guys are testing this stuff. Please keep it up. I think I might wait to explore it when more of it is cooked. For me the litmus test of Morningstar will be would I buy an Android tablet just to use for it? If the program was that awesome then I would use it. :)

Also, when the program is released for retail (or however they call that nowadays) I would hope the community and DungeonScape Dudes would reveal some-kind of system requirements or general idea of how minimal a tablet is required and if a better/more expensive tablet would make any difference.

Until then... Good Gaming and report those bugs.

Remathilis

Legend
I'm just here, waiting for my invite...

cookie_monster_waiting.gif

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Thanks for that, it was helpful.

But the issue I am having is I use Chrome and apparently it is bugged (I can't get past a certain point in character creation, and that is all I can do.) Not going through the hassle of installing another browser just for this, so yeah will check back in later.

Chrome is working for me.

Ricochet

Explorer
Hoping for an email shortly too. Looks like an interesting program, and one we as testers should aim to give as much feedback on as possible given how integral it might become in our gamer lives. :)

It is pretty glitchy, takes several clicks to select anything in when making PCs. There is almost nothing there, as in the races/classes/etc are described in fluff but do not give you the actual game rules to peruse. Also the characters come out totally wrong and unusable, really. No Proficiency bonus sometimes and attributes bouncing up to 22 (not sure how). So very much an Alpha rather than a BETA to me. You can make PCs, that can't be used in the game (unless you go over with a fine toothed comb and error check) and as long as you choose by fluff only (cos I ain't no power gaming munchkin!) and you don't want to personalise things like bonds and flaws...

The 'power' of the system will be when all the moving parts are in, I guess, but I find it hard to 'test' when the PCs made are unusable. Hopefully those errors will be fixed quickly and the real testing, UI and integration, can begin.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads