• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Duskblade, missing spells and W.P.'s

erc1971

Explorer
I am sure this has been covered before, as these problems are gaping, glaring holes, but these forums have no search ability. Duskblade problems...

1: Proficient with all Martial Weapons, but not with any Simple Weapons?!

2: Either the Duskblade spell list on page 98-99 is missing a ton of spells, or Duskblades can learn wizard/sorceror spells regardless of what the class says. At the end of the class, in the advancement section, they recommend learning Shocking Grasp, True Strike, and other spells not on the Duskblade list. There are no zero level spells in the Duskblade spell list. And lastly, they have the ability to channel touch spells through thier weapon - but the Duskblade spell list has no touch spells in it!

Anyone know the answers to these?

Thanks,
Eric

ragnar99

First Post
For the true spell-list look right after the description of the class. If's hidden right after the sample character. The one on page 98-99 is the list of spells in the PHB II only.

As far as the martial prof. but no simple prof. I have no idea.

Particle_Man

Explorer
The Beguiler has a similar spell list page number snafu. See my sig.

As for the weapons idea, it certainly would be novel to have a class that could use all martial weapons but needed a feat to learn all simple weapons. :)

Stalker0

Legend
You know, I think a sticky could be made for the duskblade spell list, at least for a while. This seems a very very common thing people are asking about right now, and I can't blame them, the text is very obscure.

Vegepygmy

First Post
RigaMortus2 said:
I don't know, I had no problem finding them.

R.I.F.
(Reading Is Fundamental)
I was completely blind to it until someone here gave me a pointer. I never bother to read the sample characters, and I'm used to them being the very last thing in the class description, so my eyes just missed the list, no matter how many times they passed over it.

And I know I'm not the only one.

erc1971

Explorer
One one hand I feel stupid for not noticing the spell list. But, on the other hand, the PrC format in this book is borked! It took me 15 minutes to find the hit die type listed for the classes. Another 15 minutes to find where they hid the skill points per level and class skill list. Then the spell list looks like flavor text at the end of the class description. I much preferred the format that PrC's had in the older books like Complete Warrior.

Another Duskblade question while I am here...If I have a Duskblade who uses a shield and weapon - do I have to sheathe my weapon everytime I cast a spell, or does the whole ability to use armor and shields without arcane failure chance override that? It just seems silly to use the ability to make a spell a swift action, but end up having to sheathe and redraw your weapon when you do so!

Henry

Autoexreginated
I'll admit, the spell lists for the classes in the PHB2 are in REALLY BAD places. Format there could have been much better.

mikebr99

Explorer
erc1971 said:
Another Duskblade question while I am here...If I have a Duskblade who uses a shield and weapon - do I have to sheathe my weapon everytime I cast a spell, or does the whole ability to use armor and shields without arcane failure chance override that? It just seems silly to use the ability to make a spell a swift action, but end up having to sheathe and redraw your weapon when you do so!
Both a light shield and the buckler leave the "shield" hand free for you to move your weapon to that hand as a free action... cast your spell, and then move your weapon back to your "weapon" hand.

Of course... the above will be contested shortly.. ;)

Mike

Bagpuss

Legend
It's what my cleric does when he's not using his great axe. A light shield or buckler means you have a hand free for spell casting.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads