Dwarf Fighter vs. Warforged Fighter: Which for you?

Warforged or Dwarf?

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Well, so as not to distract the Ask Keith thread anymore. ;)

Which would you choose?

Don't put them in a fight together, but tell me which one you would like to play, given the choice between just those. Assume you're the party tank, assume that the appropriate healer (artificer or cleric) is available, and assume a single class straight through for twenty levels.

So, which one did you choose? And why?

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
In 6 months, I may again say Dwarf, but right now, Warforged is what I would pick, because they look like fun. Do you go with the guy who is a tough, magic resistant Weeble-Wobble, or do you go with the guy who doesn't need to breathe? :)

Sejs

First Post
Let me preface this by saying: I don't have the Eberron book, and I have no idea what the warforged stats are. But, ultimatly, it doesn't matter because:

So, which one did you choose?
Warforged.

...and why?
Possibility for a more interesting story, character development, and personal outlook.

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
Dwur!

I'll have to go with the tried and true Dwarf Fighter. The warforged is better over the short term, but the dwarf will exceed the 'forged in the long haul. The 'forged has to waste feats to improve his chassis; all the dwarf has to do is spend gold. Plus, who wouldn't want to be a banker-prison warden of House Kundarak?

derelictjay

Explorer
Dwarf.

The way I see the warforged their more of a point and fire race (kinda like the half-orc), though if I were to pick a class, I'd say the paladin for the warforged, why have a knight in shining armor; when you could have the knight AS the shining armor.

Last edited:

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Warforged, just for the novelty.

That being said, I'd want to play one with a jaw that didn't make it look like a robot from The Jetsons.

Sejs

First Post
Warforged, just for the novelty.

That being said, I'd want to play one with a jaw that didn't make it look like a robot from The Jetsons.

Note to self- make Warforged Commoner with ranks in Profession: Housekeeper.

Remove ads