Dwarf Fighter vs. Warforged Fighter: Which for you?

Warforged or Dwarf?

Henry

Autoexreginated
Dave Turner said:
How the heck does dwarven stonecutting help make them the definite peer of Warforged in fighting ability? ;)

Stonecunning, and ask me again when the Warforged fighter is in danger of triggering
an underground deadfall. :D That ability has a host of uses.

Sure, the dwarves get resistance to tripping and magic, but warforged get immunity to poison, sleep, paralysis, hold person, energy drain, fatigue, exhaustion, nausea, and sickening! They automatically stabliize at negative hit points. They can negate critical hits or sneak attacks with some luck. I think those advantages add up to better fighting, don't you?

Oh, they're well worth it, but the dwarf:
-Can see in the dark
-Has a speed of 20 - REGARDLESS of a heavy load.
-Has a chance to detect stoneworked traps automatically
-Gets automatic proficiency with two extra weapons that the warforged does not
-Is much harder than a Warforged to be bull-rushed or tripped
-has a +1 to hit goblinoids (of which there are quite a few in Eberron)
-has a +4 to dodge giants (of which there are few in eberron, but more in other milieu)

I'm not even mentioning the other stuff (bonuses to appraise, craft, spells in general, and not just ones that deal with poisons and paralysis), etc. So, in my book, they'd just just as worthy a choice as the Warforged if you were settling on the fighting profession.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Henry said:
Stonecunning, and ask me again when the Warforged fighter is in danger of triggering
an underground deadfall. :D That ability has a host of uses.

Oh, they're well worth it, but the dwarf:
-Can see in the dark
-Has a speed of 20 - REGARDLESS of a heavy load.
-Has a chance to detect stoneworked traps automatically
-Gets automatic proficiency with two extra weapons that the warforged does not
-Is much harder than a Warforged to be bull-rushed or tripped
-has a +1 to hit goblinoids (of which there are quite a few in Eberron)
-has a +4 to dodge giants (of which there are few in eberron, but more in other milieu)

I'm not even mentioning the other stuff (bonuses to appraise, craft, spells in general, and not just ones that deal with poisons and paralysis), etc. So, in my book, they'd just just as worthy a choice as the Warforged if you were settling on the fighting profession.

And the ever popular saving throw bonuses!!

I think a lot depends on personal choice, and what a player wishes to accomplish with a character. With the wealth of options now in D&D 3.5 and the D20 system, no two fighters need to be identical. (This was one of the problems in 1st edition and to an extent with 2nd Edition.)

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Yeah, the issue I've been wrestling with is two fighters, constructed nearly the same way, one Warforged, one Dwarf.

I'm not saying that dwarves suck, or that the warforged so completely outclass the dwarf as to make them pointless......

I dunno, I'm still not comfy with the immunities (the lack of breath bothers me less :p)....but I'll just slap a +1 LA on 'em IMC, and give 'em full healing back, I think. I think I'll personally need to outlaw them IMC, though, because of the *bleedin' jokes!* ;)

Orius

Legend
Dwarf!

Eberron is just a fad anyways. :)

And I thought D&D elves were wussy, until I read this: "Elf. I like frolicking through the trees better than fighting." Blah. That adds like 10 levels of wuss. :]

Last edited:

Remove ads