log in or register to remove this ad

 

Dwimmermount IC:

Imperialus

Explorer
The second passageway leads down another corridor much like the one that Brother Jimi saw. After looking for a moment you think you might see the glimmer of light around a bend to the left. Someone, or something has a torch down there.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
"Hold up a moment" Jimi whispers to the group, "Torchlight... something, or someone, is up ahead. Klyman, you're the stealthiest and nimblest of us all - why don't you go and take a look?"
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"I'll take that as a 'no' then," grumbles Midgrim, carefully laying the coins back into their sack so they don't clink. (Although, how ANYBODY could have slept through that kobold battle and the following search is beyond him...)

He readies his axe and wooden shield anyways, ready for trouble.
 

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

Klyman softly says to Midgrim, "I don't understand why the gold is worth more in your hands than it is in ours. Surely it is still worth the premium of triple face value no matter who owns it?"

Then he will flatten himself against a wall, "become one" with the wall [not in the biological sense, silly] and creep forward using all the stealth at his command, a hand on the hilt of his dagger that rests loosely in its sheath.
 


Imperialus

Explorer
Carefully edging down the hall you see a half dozen Kobolds occupying the room. The seem to be guards, but it would appear that they are most concerned with guarding the passage to the east and preventing anything from entering the cave complex that you are in. In other words, they are looking the wrong way. Two of them stand watch at the eastern passage, while four are lounging around a brazier poking at bits of food on sticks and playing dice for a small horde of copper coins and other valueless baubles.

In progress map.png

OOC: Regarding the fact that your battle did not provoke a response. One thing you have noticed since you have entered Dwimmermount is that there are periodic crashing and banging sounds, occasional screams, and weird echos that reverberate through the halls. You suspect that anything living in here would have long since gotten to the point that they simply ignore them.
 

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

Klyman silently motions back to the others, holding up a finger for each kobold and then, turning his hand parrallell to the floor, indicating the approximate height of the scaly vermin.
 
Last edited:

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Jimi nods, and says quietly to the Dwarves and mage, "So, six of the little beasts. We would be outnumbered. Perhaps we need a strategy..." he thinks for a moment. "Perhaps we could draw their attention and funnel them into a narrow passageway, where they can't bring their full numbers to bear."

Pausing for a moment, he thinks back to their recent explorations.

"Or... that passageway, in the other room - I saw what might have been webs. If we have a spider's nest on one hand, and a gang of kobolds on the other... could we bait them into fighting each other for us?"
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
But Midgrim shakes his bearded head, "Me and my brother ain't running inta any kobold nest in front of any giant spiders... Yee give it a try."
 



Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Midgrim gestures Klyman back to them. [COLOR="#B222220"]"The abominations will have ta wait 'til we're fresh, Makers curse them ta the groundless hells above!"[/COLOR]

Then, upon hearing of the kodold's position from the returning thief: "So they're guarding THIS bit? That's a laugh!" He boots one of the fallen kobolds in the skull, "And this lot must've been the guard-shift afore this one, rest of the clan slithering down that travelled tunnel right off of here... Let's go spider hunting then, friends! If we're lucky, maybe we'll gather poison enough ta kill the whole lot of them!"

"Anybody got some spare oil? Or a torch?" Fire works great on spiders.
 

Imperialus

Explorer
Looking back down the corridor with the cobwebs. The webs themselves don't look too thick, but there are a lot of them. Clement peers down the corridor and pulls an oil flask out of his pack. "What do you say gentlemen, are we doing this?
 

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
"Wait a moment..." says Jimi quickly, "what's the plan here? We set the webs aflame to draw out the spiders... then make a run for it? Lure them to the kobolds? Is there some place between this corridor and the kobold's lair that we can draw them both to, and then retreat to a safe distance?"
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Thought we'd covered this," says Midgrim under his breath, mostly towards his brother, but he lets the others speak up if they want to -- though he does add: "Yee don't 'draw' beasts by setting things on fire, priest." Then a sudden show of teeth: "Only humanoids are that stupid."

The rest of creation has had tougher teachers.


OOC: So no torch for Midgrim?
 

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

"I much agree with Midgrim. Lighting a fire is no way to draw anyone towards something, except maybe the mentally deficient. Now, it's a slam bang way to draw people away from something! Especially in an enclosed space with a limited oxygen supply, like, I don't know, say, narrow tunnels underground?? I'm not a huge fan of the big fire, anyway, but if it's what the rest want, I won't complain much, just give me plenty of warning and a head start."
 

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Jimi stutters "No, no... I meant, we set the webs on fire so the spiders would flee towards the kobolds... I don't know what I meant. Never mind." He sighs. Short tempers, these Dwarves..

"I have some spare lamp oil, if it's fire you want. Tell me what you need, and I'll do it."

Diplomacy and tact... just as they taught me at the temple...
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Keep it near at hand," replies the dwarf, "and we'll all keep our eyes open for anything that says 'ambush'," he adds by way of consolation for Jimmy.

No torch for him, apparently, so Midgrim unlimbers his ten feet pole and starts carefully tapping his way into the webbed corridor. "This one doesn't look too travelled, friends, so let's be careful..."


OOC: How heavy are the lithified kobold's, Imperialus? If they're moveable, Midgrim (and Gargrim?) will drag them away from the main path so they aren't quite that obvious before leaving.
 

Imperialus

Explorer
The Kobolds can be dragged, it isn't terribly easy, but between the two dwarves they can move them.

Poking at the webs as you go small clutches of spiders scatter out of the way. Clemit's lit torch causes some of the smaller webs to vaporize in puffs of smoke as he follows. The main webs look quite thick, and after poking at them with the pole you realize that if you manage to get entangled it would be very difficult to move. Several cocoons are visible hanging from the webs.

Party Surprise Roll [1d6] = 2 Party Surprise

Midgrim is surprised as a weight, equal to about that of a small dog suddenly strikes him in the back, those behind him see a spider drop from the ceiling and affix itself to the dwarf trying to bite through his chainmail.

Spider to hit [1d20] = 5 damage [1d8] = 2

Party Initiative [1d6] = 2
Monster Initiative [1d6] = 3

Spider to hit [1d20] = 9 damage [1d8] = 6

The spider bites ferociously at Midgrim's back but it's fangs are unable to find a weak point in the chain links. Midgrim you feel the venom drip from the fangs and down your back as the beast slavers all over you.

You guys are up.

In progress map.png
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"See? Plenty of poison," points out the dwarf, though his voice isn't entirely steady. He slams his back against a rocky tunnel extrusion, <hopefully> squashing some of the life out of his foe and dropping it to the cavern floor.

1d20=4, 1d6+1=6
 

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top