Dwimmermount IC:

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

"Don't be starting your party too soon, Midgrim, hold on one moment." Klyman places a finger to his lips, gesturing for quiet, and approaches the fourth kobold, the one that wavered before falling, Easing up to it very carefully, cautiously, and quietly, Klyman will slit its throat from ear to ear if it remains still. After dispatching the kobold, Klyman says, "Excuse my overabundant caution. I was afraid we had one that was playing possum to blend in with the others."

Last edited:

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Still a little shaken at his first taste of real combat, Jimi stows his flail by his side and breathes a sigh of relief. Thank goodness they had brought the mage along.

"You have our thanks Climent... we might have been in a much worse situation without your timely magical aid".

He moves closer to Midgrim as the Dwarf is busy examining the fallen kobolds, and gently places a hand on his shoulder.

"How are you holding up, Midgrim? You took a nasty blow back there form one of these beasts. I can offer a little meager healing if needed, but alas I will need to rest and recuperate before I can grant any more. Such is the will and whim of Tyche..."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"You have our thanks Climent... we might have been in a much worse situation without your timely magical aid".
A pause, and a grunt without fully turning around from Midgrim, but it's clear he (reluctantly) agrees.

Then a glance back, a bit suspiciously, as the acolyte lays his hand on his shoulder: "I won't have ta start kneeling and all that, will I?"

OOC: Midgrim is at 2/10 HP.

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

"I think we should think about withdrawing until we are better able to withstand the dangers of this place again. We should take a day or two to lick our wounds, for sure."

Imperialus

Explorer
As the bodies of the Kobolds begin to turn to stone you quickly rummage through their meager belongings. Each one has a small pouch containing amid bits of twine and other shiny pieces of metal a total of 15CP. Midgrim, try as you might you can't tell how many generations these Kobolds have been around for. You know that as a general rule the further removed from true dwarves Kobolds are the more primitive they become, eventually loosing the ability to use tools at all but you don't know enough about them to say for sure.

Gargrim, as Midgrim searches the Kobold bodies you happen to glance at the column in the center of the room where the Stalactite and the Stalagmite meet. Something seems... off about it. One of the sides seems almost too smooth to be natural.

"I think we should think about withdrawing until we are better able to withstand the dangers of this place again. We should take a day or two to lick our wounds, for sure."

Climent nods in agreement. "After casting that spell I am spent for the day as well. I should also compose a letter to an alchemists I know in Adamas. He's the only one I know who may take our word that it is indeed the moon pool that we discovered and offer us a fair price for it."

Last edited:

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Jimi smiles, and stows his shield over his back. Keeping one hand on Midgrim, he reaches for his holy symbol with the other. He closes his eyes and chants an incantation in a loud, clear voice. There's a brief flash of yellow-gold light, which runs down his arm and into the Dwarf. His wounds begin to knit themselves closed.

"Luckily for you my friend, Tyche's benevolence extends even to those not of the faith."

[OOC: Cure Light Wounds 1d6+1 = 4]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4651238/

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Hm..." The dwarf moves about, evaluating the goddess's work. It... leaves something to be desired, actually, hip still hurting like the dickens. But still: "Good enough." Might have to drop a few coins in the goddess's bowl once they get back...

Speaking of getting back, he gets back to his greedy looting, only to find...

Midgrim swears. "Well, I guess we can take comfort in the fact that a life of evil doesn't pay too well?"

He definitively purses the 15 coppers anyways though.

Climent nods in agreement. "After casting that spell I am spent for the day as well. I should also compose a letter to an alchemists I know in Adamas. He's the only one I know who may take our word that it is indeed the moon pool that we discovered and offer us a fair price for it."

"Yee have got ta be kidding me," disagrees the rotund dwarf. He likes his comfort as much as the next guy, with the awesome gut to prove it, but: "We just got here! Riches beyond imagining just beyond our grasps, friends, I can just about *smell* it!" Which he demonstrates with a few long sniffs! Humans are such timid creatures... "Let's at least look at the rooms we've conquered with my very own blood, alright?"

Speaking of, Gargrim touches his arm and points...

"See? Yee investigate that, Klyman, while me and Gargrim search the rest of the room." That goes alright with everybody, asks his chestnut gaze?

His stomach rumbles before any can answer though. "Although, granted, I could use a hearty snack fair soon after that..."

Adventuring is hungry work, apparently.

OOC: With Gargrin's help(?) Midgrim will search the stalagtite room and then the one with the murals, looking for traps, treasure and then secrets. :)

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

Asuming he can figure out what the grumpy dwarf was talking about, klyman will have a look. Or, better yet....

"Investigate which?"

After receiving directions, Klyman will get right to having a look.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Jimi smiles, "Glad to be of service, my friend. Your eagerness to press on is commendable, and we've been fortunate up to now, but Tyche's teachings also stress that you should know when not to press your luck too far..." his voice tails off as he realises both of the Dwarves have stopped listening to him and are now busy searching the room.

"...well, nevermind. I'll stand guard shall I?." he says to himself.

While his companions investigate, Jimi guards the entrance to the chamber, keeping watch for any wandering beasts or creatures that might stumble across them.

Remove ads