Dwimmermount IC:

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
"I agree - let's have a break from this horrid place, and return on a new day, fresh and rested. We'll need to get poor Vidnar out of his chains and take him with us - I will see if I can find sanctuary for him at the temple." says Pieter, making no attempt to hide his relief at the suggestion of leaving the dungeon.

The thought of seeing sunlight again makes him wonder.

There's no need for me to return to these caverns... I could simply go back to the temple and stay there. But... I was spared when so many of my party perished. And then these good folk - two of which are Dwarves! - saved me... maybe it's the will of Typhon that I was to meet them, and help them in their quest?

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Speaking of: "What's that finger-thing yee found in the little shrine-room?" asks Midgrim with a head nod at the relic in question. "Blast if I'd seen hide nor hair of that alcove before we turned around ta leave taa." And he and Klyman had certainly looked!

Imperialus

Explorer
Returning to the guardroom you ransack the filthy flea infested beds. Interestingly enough it doesn't look like there are enough actual beds to account for the number of dead kobolds, but it looks like there is a large common 'sleeping mat' of furs and bits of fabric.

In terms of treasure you find find 143 silver pieces of Adamasian mintage and 285 modern copper pieces.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
"Oh, this?" Pieter replies to Midgrim, holding aloft the ancient fingerbone. "This, my friend, is a holy relic of one of Typhon's faithful. And it became warm just before we were attacked. Perhaps Typhon himself sought to warn us of the dangers we face... I would like very much to hold on to it. I doubt it would be worth much in the way of coin and it may yet be of use to us."

Binder Fred

"So faithful folk never, ever spend ridiculous amounts of gold on little thingies like that, is what yee're saying?" drily grumps the fat dwarf before pausing for Pieter's answer.

"Agh! That's a right nice bit of coin to make the heathes go round and round." Gargrim says, eager for the alcoholic binge that will be soon to come.
"That be enough for ONE night," agrees his brother, clinking the paltry change in his hands... Ah well. Progress it is. "Let's head back ta the kitchens then: warm fare for us tonight, and then tomorrow..." He grins.

As if reluctant to leave though, Midgrim lingers to the back of the party, tapping stone and prodding around in case they might have missed that little bit of hidden wealth, somewhere....

OOC: Searching for secret compartments and other hidden things in each room they cross on their way back to the kitchen (guardroom, statue room, then kitchen itself)... Anything?

If he gets there without finding anything - and the others haven't already started eating without him - Midgrim will slide back into his satisfied, end-of-a-hard-day cooking mood, lighting the cookfire and preparing something hot for them all... Say, what does that smoke-hole look like, Imperialus? And what did the kobolds use for 'firewood'? Dried dung? Something more exotic?

Last edited:

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
"Well, I mean..." Pieter stammers, thinking of the rich tapestries, gold icons and statues, exquisite sculptures and other such things in the Temple of Typhon. Perhaps coin and faith were more closely related than he had thought. "...I suppose it could be worth something to the right person. But regardless, I think it would be foolish to part with it for the moment."

There is an uncomfortable pause before he continues, "So... we shall eat and rest, then back to the surface? I'm afraid I have nothing in the way of food myself - I would ask for your kindness once again in providing some sustenance. And if you have some spare, I will see if I can get Vidnar to eat something. It may help strengthen him for the journey back."

Binder Fred

Midgrim plops down next to the cold hearth, taking out the pot he stole from there not that long ago and setting to cleaning it with fire, iron and plenty of elbow grease before using it for their evening stew. "Aye, well yee'll get one ration from me ta yee at least," not really looking away from his work.

OOC: Midgrim gives the equivalent of one ration to Pieter when the time comes. He'll also pass the cutlery and the kitchen knife through the flames, disinfecting them for future use... Don't suppose words in elven script appear on the forks, do they? :D

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Aren't we forgetting something? I mean, I'd like nothing more than some food and sleep right now, but that Vidnar fellow is stuck out there without food or drink and is pretty banged up. Might be nice of us to get him over here and get him some food."

Remove ads