D&D 5E Dwimmermount [IC]

SunGold

First Post
"That was a kind thing you did, Lucious," Shara says to the excitable warlock when he returns. "I hope the villagers won't always fear us. It seems you'll help with that," she adds with a smile.

She wanders toward the sign to take a closer look. When she gets back, she says to the group, "The sponsorship sounds worth looking into. It's offered in exchange for finding a family heirloom in the Dwimmermoumt. My order offered me sponsorship, but that money could be put to better use back home if we found someone else to pay our way. What do you all think?"

"Oh, and it seems the people here have good reason to fear outsiders,"
she adds with a disappointed look. "The board also had a reward for capturing the Six Hands of Fate. Some adventuring group who committed crimes here and got their charter revoked."

OOC: Damn, Six Hands of Fate is a great adventuring company name.

SunGold

First Post
Shara thanks Lucious for the offer of bread, but declines. At this hour, all she wanted was tea.

"It's Shara. Shara of Ahmerrad."

She looks up at the hulking, tattooed warlock, and decides to ask something she'd been wondering about. "You look like you're a long way from home, too...may I ask where you're from?"

TallIan

Explorer
Magen Brigward
Fighter 2

Magen woke to breakfast prepared by Warian. It was meagre due to the difficulty of getting anything at an early hour. He cleans and shaves and checks over his equipment, Edgar should have done this the previous night, but it still needed to be checked. Finding nothing amis Magen then joins his newer companions on the field.

"Comrades, there is a sponsor for us." announced Lucious. Shara seemed to think that might be a good idea. "I have secured reluctant sponsorship from my father's lord, but it comes at a cost. I must confess I would prefer not to be indebted to him. Its certainly worth enquiring. I'd like to find out how much it'll cost us. Mayhaps we could even gather the money ourselves, there seems to be a fair amount of work available."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 11
AC: 23
Initiative: +0
HP: 24/24 (HD: 2/2d10)

Offense:
Longsword: +5 5ft 1d8+3S
Longsword (2hnd): +5 5ft 1d10+3
H. Crossbow: +2 150/600 1d10P Heavy, Two handed

Second Wind: 1/1
Action Surge: 1/1
Inspiration: 3
[/SBLOCK]

eayres33

Explorer
Hunter Brightwood

Hunter woke up and stretched slowly, while he would have preferred to have saved the silver and slept at the tavern, he had to admit it was nice to sleep in a proper bed. Lucious had just left the room, so Hunter quickly dressed and headed out.

Stopping at a market stall and quickly buying a roll, Hunter overheard the conversations of the others.“I am all for taking the sponsorship, or for trying to work enough to raise the money ourselves. I’ve never been above a good days work, and you are right Magen, there does appear to be quite a bit of work available.” Hunter said then paused to take a bite of his roll.

“The question is will anyone hire us? After that business with five hands of fate, or whatever that group was called, most of these people may be hesitant to hire us, well except for the jobs no one would rightfully take.” Hunter finished with a dry laugh. "But like I said, I am up for whatever the group decides to do."

GreenKarl

First Post
The bread seller says "My name be Hans Baker my good sir. I thank you for yer help"

As the announcement board there are other notes tacked onto it that the company can look over while standing there (the two guards moved over by a fire they have burning by the way).

*"Be it be known that Priestess Emelisse, of the Church of Tyr, is seeking those will to venture north into the Ruins of Lloraec to seek an lost holy artifact believed to be within the Chapel of Tyr there. Seek the Priestess within the Chapel in Muntberg for serious inquests."
*"Master Delster of 'Delster's Gemshop' buys and sells all precious stones, gems and jewels at a most reasonable price."
*"The Count of Murtberg is seeking to hire experienced explores and adventures to investigate the possible location of the Eldritch Ruins located in the Aldleigh Forest to the south."
*"Rancher Xian Hiddell is seeking to hire mercenaries who are willing to deal with cattle rustlers he believes to be a small tribe of goblins that have come down from the Wintercap Mountains. His ranchhouse is five miles west of Muntberg. Inquire there."
"The Green Dragon Inn will pay top coin for fresh venison and meat. Wild pheasant bird, Elk and wild boar preferred."

Last edited:

Thateous

Explorer
Shara's questions of his homeland drew a long silence from Lucious as he began to reminisce. He snapped himself out of it before he said, "My tribe resides within the Dreland Mountain far to the south-west of here. It was a long journey to the whispered promises of glory and adventure to be had here."

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

SunGold

First Post
"Well I'm glad you're along for the journey, Lucious," she says warmly.

She turns back to the rest of the group to rejoin the conversation about the charter. "Some of the spells I'm studying will need costly components, so for me, trading the heirloom might be preferable to spending gold. But I agree it would be good to be indebted to no one, and it certainly couldn't hurt to see how much the charter costs. Shall we start with that?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases