[E-Tools] Combat Calculation Error

FCWesel

First Post
One thing one of my players noticed with E-Tools is that it was treating his unarmed attack as "non-light weapon" for the purposes of two-weapon attacks.

He's a ranger, so he has ambidex and 2-wpn fight as a ability, he's using a sword (exotic wpn prof: bastard sword) in the prime hand and is unarmed with the off-hand.

As such it should be -2/-2 and not -4/-4.

It says on bottom of phb, pg 124, that "Unarmed Strike is always considered Light". (Ref PHB 124-125: 4th line from bottom right of page.)

Anyways, just thought I would post here the problem. Anyone else have this?

FCWesel

First Post
Gariig,

Its not that. It looks like the ranger part takes that into account. I did add them like you said and there was no difference to the character sheet.

Group One has Longsword +1 (1-h main) and Unarmed (1-h offhand) and they are at -4/-4 penalty, which is incorrect.

Group Two has Longsword +1 (1-h main) and hand-axe (1-h offhand) and they are at -2/-2 penalty, as should be.

When I added Ambidex and Two-Weapon Fighting the character's penalties didn't change, so while the feats section isn't recording the two feats they do seem to be automatically working...if slightly wrong in the case of unarmed combat.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
FCWesel said:
Gariig,

Its not that. It looks like the ranger part takes that into account. I did add them like you said and there was no difference to the character sheet.

Group One has Longsword +1 (1-h main) and Unarmed (1-h offhand) and they are at -4/-4 penalty, which is incorrect.

Group Two has Longsword +1 (1-h main) and hand-axe (1-h offhand) and they are at -2/-2 penalty, as should be.

When I added Ambidex and Two-Weapon Fighting the character's penalties didn't change, so while the feats section isn't recording the two feats they do seem to be automatically working...if slightly wrong in the case of unarmed combat.

Hey, Floyd, which ET version did you get? Does it require the CD? You may nave a different version than Eric.

FCWesel

First Post
Hey Curt

Hey Curt...funny seeing you here, I think its the first time we've bumped into one another here...as opposed to the store.

Eric said he *could replicate* the issue, so I assume he has same as me or that the problem stretches across various versions.

I didn't realize that there were multiple versions this soon.

Can you replicate it Curt?

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Yes, I get that too. I have the version that doesn't require the cd. BTW, I tried equiping unarmed with dagger in off-hand, the numbers are right.
Sorry about my error. I just got home and trying to read too quickly. Guess I should go to bed.

Last edited:

vic20

Fool
Etools version that doesn't require CD?

thalmin said:

Hey, Floyd, which ET version did you get? Does it require the CD? You may nave a different version than Eric.

I'd like a version of eTools that doesn't require the cd! I can't listen to music on my pc while I work.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
There is no way to tell ahead of time which version you get. A small number of the unprotected copies were released, but when the patch comes out, it is supposed to "repair" this "bug" too.
I didn't remember if FCWesel's copy was from the same shipment as mine, therefore my question to him. (That combined with my misreading Eric's reply :eek: )

Remove ads