• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

E1: Tomb of Chaos [Judge: Patlin] [Concluded]

Manzanita

First Post
Percy hands the scroll to Nezrak. "There's no need to return this to the sages. It's spells we have around now. I wouldn't mind having those myself, but we'll figure it out when we get done. Now. I think there's only one room we haven't explored. And then there's a couple rooms where there may be more to be found. Like that room with the little statues, and the room with the mummified horse."

Erekose13

Explorer
You have explored all but the room you can't open and the room beyond where you fought the jackal and Ishmael got cursed. There were a couple of passages back beyond a pit that you have avoided as well, though whether they lead anywhere? There might be other things elsewhere that you haven't found, but I'm not telling :)

nimisgod

LEW Judge
OOG: that was 1 crit? Ouch.

"Mayhap, we needs investigate the chamber beyond the room the jackal and the swarms. That place holds ill memories for me but I feel the need to search beyond it nonetheless" Ishmael chimes in with a suggestion.

Erekose13

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
Da Loot:
Big stuff, interesting stuff, keys?
  • 4 books: A Brief History of the Curious Adaptations of Agriculture in the Glupa Inlets, The Care and Husbandry of Yellow Speckled Guinea Hens, Intermediate Studies in Mathematics and Practical Applications Thereof, and A Lady's Guide to the Judicious use of Magic in Noble Housekeeping
  • iron scarab figurine
  • intact canopic jar x5
  • red/blue/white/green/yellow/purple/orange crystal rods
  • key
  • clasp
  • cloak
  • asp figurine
  • ceramic ram figurine
  • alabaster cat figurine
  • sandstone hippo figurine
  • ancient furniture & art objects
  • several finely wrought alabaster plaques
  • a shrine

Erekose13 said:
The far door draws Nar's attention now that things have calmed down. The door is a massive stone slab with seven large bas-reliefs of animal-headed figures carved into its surface. From left to right, the humanoids have the heads of a hippo, scarab, ibis, crocodile, cat, ram, and an asp. Each of the figures has its hand before it as if it was grasping a non-existent staff; there is a vertical hole where a slender object could be placed.

here's a couple of interesting posts. there were more.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Thanks for the hints, Erekose. Part of the fun of this adventure is figuring this part out, & I plan to do exactly that. I'm a bit hammered at the moment with RL, but I do plan to go back & reread sections of this. In any case, it does appear we have the staffs that the figurines want. Perhaps that's all we need.

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: there are more clues on how they all fit together elsewhere in the thread. I'll also have to go back into the adventure and find out where the others are :)

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Ishmael leads the way to the puzzling chamber.

OOG: Whatever happened to Courage by the way. Is he still with us? Or did I just keep forgetting that he was?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads