• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

E1: Tomb of Chaos [Judge: Patlin] [Concluded]

Xael

First Post
Nezrak readies his bow (moving to better position if necessary) and takes a shot at one of the monsters and probably hits (18, includes penalties for target being in melee, cover may apply though) for 9 damage.

SlagMortar

First Post
Nars waits while the others close in. If Rodimus is able to grapple one of the foes, Nars will move in to deliver a sneak attack on the grappled opponent while hopefully staying out of the threat range of the other beast.

Erekose13

Explorer
[Surprise Round]
Ishmael smashes his weapon into the one on the right and steps off to the right to avoid being caught in the middle.

The one that was attacked, strikes back at Ishmael. The four tentacles around it's gnashing beak lash out at the draconic halfling. One gets through his defenses dealing a deadly blow. Ishmael shrugs it off.

The other jumps down to stand beside Ishmael, no longer flanking him. One of it's tentacles also penetrates his armor for a stinging slam.

[Round 1]

Ishmael attacks the one above him again. It crumples under his assault and falls to the ground on the other side of the sarcophagus.

The one still standing attacks again relentlessly, this time two of it's tentacles snake in under Ishmael's armor.

Gorefoot moves in to flank but is unable to score a hit.

Nezrak's arrow strikes true but fails to penetrate the creature's tough hide.

Nars holds back.

Rodimus runs up to grapple the one that is still standing, but fails to find purchase.

Percy's magic missiles strike true and inflict serious damage.

[Round 2]

Ishmael, now flanking the creature with Gorefoot, is able to score another solid hit. The thing falls under his assault.

[End]

[sblock=ooc]man did I roll a lot of 19s and 20s to hit Ishmael with. But then he hit with almost every swing too.

Damage Recap: Ishmael 25 dmg (incl. the 2 from the gibbering mouther).
[/sblock]

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Ishmael shudders under the agony of his wounds. He takes out his personal healing wand and begins to expend its energies upon himself. After his wounds are mostly mended, he stands guard over the room's other exit (the one we didn't come from) while the rest do their work. He keeps Violet in hand, though he wipes off the ichor from her.

OOG: 25 damage? OMG! I'm lucky that those didn't confirm.

Using three charges: 1d8+1=6, 1d8+1=8, 1d8+1=5 Total of 19 damage healed. 44/50 hp

Manzanita

First Post
"Yuck. What were those things? Whoever this king was sure left some ugly guards. I'm glad you're OK, Ishmael - nice going out there." Percy elects to stay in the hallway for now.

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: 1 did confirm, the first one i think.

Nars looks around. It becomes difficult for those in the room to look at the floor long, the swirling green fog that is still seeping through is colored strangely by the greenish light emerging from the cracks. Nars is able to find a few things scattered at the bottom of one of the coffins though. He finds several coins of various denominations, a couple of pieces of lapis lazuli, and a thin leather scroll case. (2pp, 13gp, 29sp, 15cp)

Manzanita

First Post
"Pass me that scroll case, Nars. Or maybe you shoud check it for traps. I'll check it for magic before I open it." Percy will cast detect magic on it.

Erekose13

Explorer
Nars does not find any traps on the scroll case and Percy's detect magic reveals a faint sign of magic on the inside. Opening the case, she finds several well preserved pieces of parchment with a few arcane writings on them. In total she is able to puzzle out about 3 spells (enlarge person, charm person, and web)

Remove ads