E2: The Secret of Gemhold [Patlin Judging]

IcyCool

First Post
OOC: Gorefoot has been submitted for re-approval. He has now taken his first level in Horizon Walker, yay! ;)

Gorefoot eyes the men carefully, and stays close to Percy.

Manzanita

First Post
Percy turns her horse to the side, so the men can see her better. She rests her left hand on Gorefoot's shoulder.

"We are adventurers from Orussus. We are seeking to free gemhold of its goblin invaders. We seek your aid to return those mines to their rightful owners...And you can call me Percy." she finishes with a shy smile.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Welcome then Percy and companions. I am Cenerieth and this is Moranion. That is a noble quest indeed. My people tried to prevent the fall of Gemhold several years ago, it was a terrible loss to the entire region. Please follow us, we will lead you to our Speaker. He will listen to your words." replies the man in green. Cenerieth indicates for you to follow him on the path that the thorns had been leading you.

Gorefoot recognizes the garb of the two sentries, but not their names in particular. They are a bit young, so they may not have been amongst the party that rescued him. Cenerieth's words leave it a bit ambiguous as to whether or not he was directly involved.

Manzanita

First Post
"Thank you Cenerieth and Moranion. We appreciate your help." she turns back to the Thorns, "You're coming too, aren't you?"

She urges her horse forward as the travel, so she can ride beside the nomad scouts. "We have with us here on of the gnomes of Gemhold." she indicates Gorefoot. "He was saved by your people right after the attack. He was later killed by a rogue Fey, to the south of here. He was reincarnated by a druid, Fasroth, you know him? So he's now a halfling, instead of a gnome. It is mostly on his behalf that we are dedicated to the destruction of the goblins in the mines."

IcyCool

First Post
Gorefoot nods to indicate that Percy is telling the truth, and adds, "I'm alive, thanks to your people. I'm here now to finish what I started with the goblins back then. I am Gorefoot."

SlagMortar

First Post
Nars sits awkwardly on his saddle, hoping the nomads will have some fresh food more suited to his dwarven palate than the food offered by the fey.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Rodimus finds himself annoyed at the iddle chit-chatting and hopes that the talks with this "speaker" will not take long. He can't wait to get a chance to punch in some goblin heads

Erekose13

Explorer
The thorns nod to Percy's request to join the group. "I will follow, though my companion will be returning to make his report of the situation."

"Gorefoot? I have head the name before. One of the lucky few that was saved from Gemhold. Those who did not escape and were not killed have been enslaved for the goblins, working deep in the mine. Reincarnated then? That was most fortunate that Fasroth was around. He is not always easy to find. Please come, the speaker will most certainly want to meet you Gorefoot." replies Cenerieth.

The group follows behind as Cenerieth leads the group down the virtually non-existant trail. Everyone is surprised when they round a tree to find an active village in a depression in the forest floor. Moranion offers to help everyone down the incline to where several dozen humans are congregating around tents. It is quite amazing that there was almost no warning from the forest above while the group was walking.

Remove ads