• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

E2: The Secret of Gemhold [Patlin Judging]

Manzanita

First Post
Percy grimaces cutely. "If we capture one, we'd have to handle it, and do something with it when we were done questioning it. Free it? I don't know. For now, I'd rather just kill them all. But I suppose you're right, Ridik. We need to know if there are living gnomes down there, or other prisoners. We should just keep heading for the main entrance now, or the other entrance Gorefoot knows about?"

OOC: EDIT: I don't see that the question of whether Gorefoot knows of another entrance was ever resolved.

Last edited:

IcyCool

First Post
Gorefoot clearly looks a little disappointed, but acknowledges Ridik and Percy are right. "I'll try to keep one alive. Other entrances? Hmmm...." Gorefoot ponders for a moment.

OOC: Did we resolve whether or not Gorefoot knows another way into Gemhold?

Erekose13

Explorer
[RL Intrudes]

I've recently emailed the LEW judges, but wanted to post here as well. I've hit a rough spot in RL (for good reasons ~ a promotion) that leaves me with significantly less time to devote to Enworld. I'm currently working on extricating myself from some obligations such as judging. I am going to try to keep this game even if its the last one that I get to continue DMing. While I work on clearing my plate I'm going to have to take a short break from this game. I'll be back in a weeks time to continue though :)

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: Congratulations on the promotion, Erekose. I appreciate you keeping this game going as I'm really enjoying getting into Gorefoot's background. It's been great gaming with you so far.

Erekose13

Explorer
[Returning you to your regularly scheduled programming]

With the three goblins easily dispatched, the group sets out again, hoping next time to capture a goblin for some good old fashion truth-forcing magic. As Gorefoot ponders Gemhold he tries to think of another way into his old home.

From what he remembers there is a fortified hold on outside where a bastion used to keep everyone safe in times of need. A few other buildings were well protected within the walls of the keep. Whether they are still standing he cannot know. Near the sheer cliff wall that the hold is build next to was the processor and gem cutters where the gemstones were carefully removed from the miner's discoveries.

Behind those buildings light tracks allowed mine carts to carry the heavy minerals up from the mine which wove deeply into the side of the hill. Air vents provided fresh air for the miners who worked hard below ground but they probably wouldn't even allow goblins in.Beyond the teleport map he doesn't really know any other ways into the mine.

Thinking back to his time in the fort he does remember that one of the buildings on the northern side sat rather close to the walls. As a kid he liked to climb up the building and out onto the wall. From the edge of the wall where it met the cliff it was fairly easy to scale down because the cliff face was not as steep there. Sure there had often been gnomish guards stationed there for that reason, but with the goblins there he couldn't know whether they guarded it or not.

Manzanita

First Post
"Let's keep on moving. Fondar, can you try to lead us in under the best cover? So they can't see us coming? We'll just try to get closer where we can see the keep, and see what's going on." suggests Percy.

Erekose13

Explorer
The party continues forward at Percy's direction. It is still mid afternoon when the Gorefoot stops the party. The thorn nods and he motions the group closer and lower. Through the underbrush the party can just make out a clearing a head. Beyond the clearing the gray stone of a wall can barely be seen. The party will have to get closer to have a better look but at last they have finally reached Gemhold.

SlagMortar

First Post
Nars wipes a hand over his mustache and beard. He says softly, "I'll, er, try to get a, ah, closer look."

OOC:
Move Silently +12, Hide +12, Spot +8, Listen +4.

Remove ads