• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[e20 PF] And with strange aeons...

jackslate45

First Post
Xanfire could hardly believe what was happening. How could the High Cleric NOT believe what was going on. The attack on the Broken Eagles, Malacarus showing up about this man, and now the Old Woman herself. If that didn't prove that something was not right, he couldn't figure out what would.

However, now was not the time to argue. Bowing as well to the High Cleric, Xanfire says "Very well then. I see that you will not get the items I requested. I will look elsewhere for them. "

On the you, a significant, but hidden from the High Cleric, look from Xanfire to the Grand Templar says exactly what Xanfire needs. "Diamond dust and that reliquary"

Xanfire stands up and says "If you need me, I will be praying for guidance" As you should do as well Xanfire then turns and starts leaving the room.

Lughart

First Post
"I only have the samples I brought on me," Gerhard responds to Hedron, before turning towards the dwarf, "but we can bring you your wares within the day. Faster, if required. And, as my friend asked, what manner of payment did you have in mind?"

fireinthedust

Explorer
[sblock=Xanfire] You know Paladins well enough to know that he won't go against a direct order from his superior. Not lightly, at any rate, and certainly not until an attempt has been made to change his mind. To do otherwise would go against his oath, class and alignment. Potentially risk yours as well.

You're fairly certain the High Cleric is just plain scared. Her belief system is being challenged, and that's not something that anyone (regardless of their inclination towards or away from faith) takes lightly. In fact, the idea that the gods are in danger seems ludicrous to you as well, on an intellectual level. You're a 20th level cleric who learned everything in the field. The High Cleric isn't "Xanfire".[/sblock]

[sblock=Unblinking Eye] The voice interrupts Thad. You do not understand, we want all of it. This metal is star metal from an unusual origin, more pure than any we have found. It is important to research we are doing. Name your price. We can give you 1 million gold pieces' value in coins and gems and magical items immediately upon delivery.[/sblock]

[sblock=Weaponers] Name your method. Gold? Gems? We can fix up magical items unlike any you could find elsewhere, you know that. I have a suggestion: Weapons! We'll pay you in trade. Brutes like yourselves shouldn't be wasting your time with mere "masterwork" weapons. Let's take it to the next level. What do you say?[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"I just want to say," Thorn says to the members of the Unblinking Eye, "That we will probably have a line on more of this stuff...soon. How much more? Hard to know for sure. But we're currently engaged in seeking out the source, so..."

She nods as if whatever conclusion she was urging be reached was self-evident.

"A million would cover our expenses so far, definitely."

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"My price for all the material we have in our possession is three million gold pieces worth, of coin, gems, or magical items of our choice. Which includes a substantive discount on over two thousand blades. If that is agreed I shall leave and procure the rest of the blades. And of course we shall be keeping a small number for ourselves to serve in researching our foes." Thadeius says his lips thin, and his expression suspicious.

Lughart

First Post
"Sure we do, but I like the idea. What do you say we come back to draft a more concrete deal, after we discuss this with our allies. Take a quick stock of the items you would offer up for trade, and well ready the adamantine for transport."

Unless Hedron or the dwarf has anything to add, Gerhard will get ready to leave. He gives a traditional dwarven greeting as a goodbye.

WarlockLord

First Post
Purer starmetal? Interesting. thinks Malacarus, wondering how much of the payment he will get upon conclusion of the haggling. "That three million figure is a bargain. I know an individual who would have no hesitation to pay five." interjects the dark elf, hoping Thadeius will play along with the bluff and not ask to meet said imaginary individual.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads