• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[e20 PF] And with strange aeons...

jackslate45

First Post
Xanfire realizes that his outburst was wrong, and takes a few calming breaths. He quickly apologizes:

"Your Holyness, I understand what you are saying. I really do. I am sorry for my previous statement. "

"The fact that the Gods themselves can be destroyed by such a creature is blashpamy at its greatest. It also scares me a little that such a thing could exist. However, would it not be wise to look into this matter? The fact is we fought something of strange design, and defeated it. We also must accept the fact that the Old Woman, whom has never shown herself to me, met with me on this day. Iomedae has set forth a path for me that I walked on, without realizing. Even now, her will is being done."

"If you wish, we can together enter the prayer chamber together. This way, we can confirm whatever we need to. Is this acceptable."

fireinthedust

Explorer
The Daggers: Okay, let's move this scene along. I've been taking a few days off, and realized that the whole scene is bogging down in bargaining (that would work RL, but not PBP).

Long story short: You meet up again and discuss the sale. After negotiations are done, you can get 3 million from the Unblinking Eye, in cash or items. You can get 2 million from the Weaponers in magical weapons and armor, at creation cost.

What's your choice?

Xanfire: diplomacy check, please.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
OOC: I vote Unseeing Eye, might be consequences, but heck they will probably be fun an Thadeius is arrogant enough to think he can handle anything they can throw at him.

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
ooc: do you have a diplomacy booster?

if not: your pleas do not enable the High cleric to overcome his angst (despite the 28, but he's relatively high level, and you rolled a 3). You can't use the Temple's resources, until and unless you can convince the High Cleric that this is a real thing. It can be done, but you'll need more proof.

Okay: everyone you meet up together to discuss all of this. Are you at an inn? Or is this Thorn's secret hiding place/thieves guild?

jackslate45

First Post
OCC: Two in fact. Touch of Glory and Touch of Good, both Domain Powers. Using both I can get a diplomacy check up to 1d20 + 55, as one is a sacred bonus, the other an untyped bonus. However, Xanfire would have wanted to plead to the HC's instincts as a human, and not call upon his god's favor to force him to make a choice. Using both is normally reserved for special occasions like speeches, diplomatic meetings with Xanfire as a mediator, Hostage Negotiations etc etc.

jackslate45

First Post
both in fact are Spell like abilities, so yes. Again, Xanfire would know that he shouldn't do it, because the High Cleric would see though it at once, and it would probably hurt him more. It is like having a cheat sheet right in front of you to talk to a girl, and she is the author of the cheat sheet...

Lughart

First Post
I vote for the money. As I didn't lose anything to he disjunction I'm still pretty weel equipped, and we could use the money to outfit our fortress and/or the army we should be gathering.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads