• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Earthstrength Warden multiclass

Flipguarder

First Post
no prob boss
At lvl 14

Str 22
Con 21
Dex 15
int 11
Wis 14
Cha 9

I believe that's what I settled on.

Thinking about switching putting a point in wisdom instead of dex, due to my most likely using a shield. (still thinking bout it mistwell)

EDIT: Gosh darn Im an idiot when it comes to point buy systems. I believe its right now (str couldn't be at 23.)

Last edited:

Flipguarder

First Post
Mistwell its an idea (to use a reach weapon.)

It definitely has a lot of synergy with a warden's powers and feat excess. But the reach will turn me into definitely more of a controller than defender. Specifically the build you linked me to has fairly low defenses and very low mobility due to his focus on opportunity attacks and weapon feats. I'll have to look at the feats he selected more (I dont have the books they are contained in on me). But I will definetly look more into it.

keterys

First Post
There was a Dragon article on Warforged. I'm almost positive it was during the free time, even, so you should be able to get it.

CubeKnight

First Post
are there any one handed reach weapons?

i definitely want a heavy shield so unless there is one reach weapons are out.

The build you linked is definetly for a wildblood warden. Which is a completely different direction than I am going.

But thanks for the input.
Whip = 1-handed Reach Weapon. Currently using one for my Warden, actually. His damage sucks, but enemies totally hate him.

Flipguarder

First Post
Whip = 1-handed Reach Weapon. Currently using one for my Warden, actually. His damage sucks, but enemies totally hate him.

Man I could see that being fun. As I see it, a Warden's job isnt damage anyway.

Another great idea for this character. I think anyway I go Im gonna have a lot of fun.

Larrin

Entropic Good
My earth strength warden that uses a shield and sword has mulitclassing to Avenger...basically for two rounds my oath of enmity means my attacks hit, so that when i pile on some of the good single target defensive attacks. As earth strength the daily and encounter multiclassing are pretty much not worth it, but the utility can give you some usefull stuff (i don't really like any of the warden 2 utilities). Mostly the Avenger is flavor since the character was a paladin but once PHB2 came out we converted a couple of our characters over, but i still wanted some religion in his style. Find a flavor you like.

For the most part you can take little feats, because you don't need big ones to do your job. (unless you go for a really specific build like 'pole-arm').

Flipguarder

First Post
Finished my character if anybody is interested
Three, level 14
Warforged, Warden
Earthstrength

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 22, Con 20, Dex 15, Int 11, Wis 14, Cha 9.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 15, Dex 13, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 9.

AC: 31 Fort: 28 Reflex: 27 Will: 26
HP: 135 Surges: 16 Surge Value: 33

Move: 8

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +15, Endurance +19, Intimidate (barbarian MC) +20, Nature +14, Perception +14

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +6, Arcana +5, Bluff +6, Diplomacy +6, Dungeoneering +9, Heal +9, History +7, Insight +9, Religion +7, Stealth +6, Streetwise +6, Thievery +9

FEATS
Level 1: Sudden Roots
Level 2: Durable
Level 4: Toughness
Level 6: Barbarian Multiclass, intimidate trained
Level 8: Barbarian MC utility power trade. Combat Sprint
Level 10: Blade Opportunist
Level 11: Shield Expertise (heavy)
Level 12: Agile Opportunist
Level 14: Fleetfooted

POWERS
Racial power: Warforged Resolve
Warden at-will 1: Thorn Strike
Warden at-will 1: Strength of Stone
Warden daily 1: Form of Willow Sentinel
Warden daily 5: Thunder Step
Wardem Daily 9: Form of Stone Sentinel
Warden encounter 3: Burst of Earth's Fury
Warden encounter 7: Mountain Hammer
Paragon encounter 11: Thunder Smash
Warden encounter 13: Ponderous Strike
Barbarian utility 2: Combat Sprint
Warden utility 6: Bear's Endurance
Warden utility 10: Returning Strength
Paragon utility 11: Storm Step

Other party members
Bard
Invoker
Monk (yeah probably ends up being a rogue unless more info comes out soon)

Relevant items

Weapon- Khopesh
Cinture of the dragon spirit: Belt that allows str to replace cha for intimidate checks
Boots of striding: +1 speed while in light armor

Note: my dm gives Paragon defenses for free to all characters at lvl 11.

The Idea is at the start of every encounter I use combat sprint to bump my speed for that movement up to 12 and put myself adjacent to as many enemies as possible and use Burst of Earth's fury and mark them. This stops them from shifting and any enemies that leave the square adjacent to me get slowed by my opportunity attack. Then let the invoker and bard attack from a distance while I spend the next move action getting in between monk(rogue) and any enemies he's attracted.

A flimsy plan, but Im sure it will work out once in a while.

DragonTurtle

First Post
I am not trying to play an optimal build, but I am currently playing a Warforged Warden.

I wanted to do extra damage, so I took the Barbarian MC, and took the Barbarian encounter power Avalanche strike.

I also went with FullBlade, WF, and Power Attack. I have the best to hit in the group so I can suffer a penalty to hit and do a little extra damage.

He is a lot of fun, his name is Planter since he has plants growing out of parts of his body. Currently I am only level 8 though.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Bit late, since you've already posted a build, but if you've got extra feat slots, don't overlook non-combat feats like Skill Focus and Jack of All Trades. Also I notice you haven't taken any of the Warforged feats: they're in Dragon 364, which also increases a few basic class features (you get +2 Intimidate, for one, but I can't remember the other differences).

Remove ads