D&D General Easter and D&D

R_J_K75

Legend
I'm not sure, "everyone else is doing it," really works for me. YMMV.

And, well... if I had a friend who didn't eat cheese, I wouldn't serve a meal that was cheese-themed. Even if that friend had just embraced the fact that the rest of the world was cheese-loving, and they'd just deal with it, I'd want to be better than that. I can save my cheese for when they aren't with me. Again, YMMV.

Fair enough.

I think at least half of the folks I am currently playing D&D with are Jewish, so no.

I'm not a big fan of including real-world religious holidays at a table of mixed-faiths. It seems rather like pushing a tradition on people.

I grew up in a household where my dad was Christian and my mom was Jewish. We celebrated ALL the holidays. Their take on it was that all holidays were cultural and religion only came into play if you wanted it to.

Oofta

Legend
A lot of what we associate with holidays have nothing to do with either Judaism or Christianity and instead have roots in religious holidays that were appropriated along the way.

Personally I think it's okay to pull in some of that stuff. On the other hand as I said above I still try to go back more to the original myths, legends and celebrations. Although I may have had a session long ago with a guy in the far north who was in the business of manufacturing and distributing toys. :rolleyes:

So my son tried (unsuccessfully) to shoot the kobold "bunny," but had no issue at all with accepting the healing potions. Interestingly enough, however, no mention was made of sharing them with the newcomers when they arrived a few minutes later. I had purposefully timed the delivery before they got there, just to see what they would do.

Remove ads