"Eat Your hearts out my fellow gamers" Vol 2

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Just got back from a local used book store where they often have excellent used RPG deals.

Today i found

DMG 3.5
Hordes f the Abyss
Tyrants of the Nine Hells
Complete Warrior
Expedition to the Demonweb Pits
Magic Item Compendium
Libris Mortis

Ususally the place sells for approximately 1/2 cover price, but I caught them in a "Extra 50% off all hardcovers" sale...so the total bill was...

65 dollars Canadian.

WooT!

Teflon Billy said:
Just got back from a local used book store where they often have excellent used RPG deals.

Today i found

DMG 3.5
Hordes f the Abyss
Complete Warrior
Magic Item Compendium
Libris Mortis

Ususally the place sells for approximately 1/2 cover price, but I caught them in a "Extra 50% off all hardcovers" sale...so the total bill was...

65 dollars Canadian.

WooT!

Your savings, sir, border on the ludicrous.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
To show, however, that there is balance in the universe; as I was perusing the wares an obvious "D&D Geek" approached me and began regaling me with tales of what he considered the "best trap ever" (it involved guessing prime numbers on a wheel and arranging the wheel so it lined up with a calendar of days of the week (or somehting) do it wrong and a trapdoor opens that 'sends your guy to the bottom level of hell')

When I commented that that seemed a bit harsh, he ignored me entirely and began to describe another trap that involved the use of an enlarge spell and a Magic Mouth and some other damn thing to trap PCs in a room.

I had no real response to this other than "mmm-hmmm" and a continuing effort to mind my own business.

he then asked if I knew where to find a group to play in Vancouver or Victoria and I recommended meetup.com and started gathering up my purchases.

As he scooted around into my line of sight again, I was informed that "Gold Elves are the best race...not Dwarves like most people think" (?), and a treatise on the subject began to be lectured to me.

My wife intervened at this point with a fairly terse "Kid? This conversation is over. Beat it."

How sad is it that my wife is now bodyguarding me from the socially retarded this way? When did I go soft?

His closing, anguished cry of "You're buying up all the good books man!!!" was just the final...I don't even know what.

Pants

First Post
Teflon Billy said:
To show, however, that there is balance in the universe; as I was perusing the wares an obvious "D&D Geek" approached me and began regaling me with tales of what he considered the "best trap ever"

His closing, anguished cry of "You're buying up all the good books man!!!" was just the final...I don't even know what.
At least he didn't regale you with tales of his 151st level elven magic-user that killed Vecna, Iuz, and Asmodeus... at the same time!

Talath

Explorer
Teflon Billy said:

But come on man, Gold Elves are the best race evar!!!1!!1

I once encountered a trap that ate me. It was really harsh. Maybe it was a dragon, or a purple worm. I couldn't remember, cause I was stuffing my mouth with french fries and wearing a cape. I then danced around the table saying "Ia ia cthulhu ftaghn!"

Do you want to be my friend? Please? :(

Klaus

First Post
Teflon Billy said:

Today i found

DMG 3.5
Hordes f the Abyss
Complete Warrior
Magic Item Compendium
Libris Mortis

65 dollars Canadian.

WooT!
65 Canadian?

This conversation is over. Beat it.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Teflon Billy said:
When I commented that that seemed a bit harsh, he ignored me entirely and began to describe another trap that involved the use of an enlarge spell and a Magic Mouth and some other damn thing to trap PCs in a room.

I had no real response to this other than "mmm-hmmm" and a continuing effort to mind my own business.

*snort*

Everyone knows a magic mouth "cannot utter verbal components, use command words, or activate magical effects" (SRD).

Did I miss the point? I will now beat it.

Remove ads