Eberron: Dark Tides, Cold Steel (OOC)

Bront

The man with the probe
I haven't seen him close the thread, but I haven't seen anything from him lately at all either. It would be nice to know where this is heading.

I for one and actualy quite excited about my half-elf sailor. He's got a load of fun possabilities ahead of him.

Verbatim

Explorer
I was thinking of a shifter druid who had taken to a life of the sea. Using weather spells to help the crew and from time to time disembarking to explore the "other" side of the world when the ship pulled into port.

I will work on a full backstory tonight and tomorrow and get it posted as soon as I can.

Verbatim

Explorer
The basic concept I have for the Shifter Druid is that he was "volunteered" for service when he was caught on the docks in town away from the orphanage that had taken in the orphans of the war. Although his servitude at first was forced upon him, Kharos soon began to feel the calling of the sea, both literally and physically and when his druidic powers developed fully, his value to his Captain and crew increased dramatically.

Although he has long since been "released" from his initial contract, Kharos still remains aboard the ship and has developed a deep respect for his Captain and will do anything that she asks him to do. She in turn does not question her good luck and keeps the sometimes wild Kharos calm and contained as best she can.

[sblock]I will finish the stats later on if he gets selected into the crew, otherwise, please list me as an alt until a space opens up...:)[/sblock]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Another possibility I had was for a half-orc rogue/fighter from House Tharashk. He was engaged in the Last War in finding dragonshards for necessary weapons and magical items, always in large, safe groups. Denied the thrill of danger that he felt he was denied, he now hunts for dragonshards only in small groups, gleefully throwing himself into danger, always certain he'll come out covered in glory. He tries to hunt for dragonshards in the most inaccessable of places, always going after the ones guarded by the most vigilant guardians.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Here's my entry for ya, Gomez. Hope you like...

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] [COLOR=SeaGreen]REZZIN KA'ZARI[/COLOR]
[B]Class:[/B] Swashbuckler
[B]Race:[/B] Khoravar (Half-Elf)
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Neutral
[B]Deity:[/B] Kol Korran

[B]Str:[/B] 12 +1 (04p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 3        [B]XP:[/B] 3000
[B]Dex:[/B] 16 +3 (10p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +3         [B]HP:[/B] 25 (3d10+3)
[B]Con:[/B] 12 +1 (04p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +3     [B]Disarm:[/B] +9
[B]Int:[/B] 14 +2 (06p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      
[B]Wis:[/B] 08 -1 (00p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +3        
[B]Cha:[/B] 12 +1 (04p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -2        

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +3    +1    +3    +0    +0    +0    17
[B]Touch:[/B] 13              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 14

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      3    +0          +3
[B]Ref:[/B]                       1    +3   +1     +5
[B]Will:[/B]                      1    -1          +0

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Spiked Chain              +6     2d4+3         20x2
Rapier                    +6     1d6+3      18-20x2
Dart                      +6     1d4+3         20x2

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elf, Aquan, Orc

[B]Abilities:[/B]
Immunity to Sleep
+2 save versus enchantments
Low-light vision
+1 bonus to Listen, Search and Spot
+2 bonus to Diplomacy and Gather Information

Weapon Finesse (bonus feat)
Grace +1 (+1 competance bonus to reflex saves)
Insightful Strike (add INT to damage along with STR)

[B]Feats:[/B]
Weapon Finesse (bonus)
Combat Expertise (1st)
Least Dragonmark of Storm (1st) - Gust of Wind 1/day
Exotic Prof. - Spiked Chain (3rd)

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 40       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 6/3
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Balance                    6    +3     +2   +11
Bluff                      2    +1          +3
Climb                      6    +0          +6
Diplomacy                  6    +1     +2   +11
Jump                       6    +0     +2   +8
Profession (Sailor)        2    +2          +4
Sense Motive               2    +1          +3
Swim                       2    +0          +2
Tumble                     6    +3     +2   +11
Use Rope                   2    +3          +5

[B]Equipment:             Cost  Weight[/B]
Studded Leather (MW)  160gp    15lb
Buckler (MW)          165gp     5lb
Spiked Chain           25gp    10lb
Rapier                 20gp     2lb
Dart x10                5gp     5lb
Backpack                2gp     2lb
Bedroll                 1sp     5lb
Trail Rations x6        3gp     6lb
Waterskin               1gp     4lb
Pouch x2                2gp     1lb
Sack                    1sp   0.5lb
Torch x10               1sp    10lb
Tindertwig x5           5gp     -
Scroll Case x2          2gp     1lb
Flint & Steel           1gp     -
Fishing Net             4gp     5lb
Explorer's Outfit      10gp     8lb
[B]Total Weight:[/B]79.5lb      [B]Money:[/B] XXgp XXsp XXcp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]               XXX   XXX   XXX   XXX   XXX

[B]Age:[/B] 28
[B]Height:[/B] 5'7"
[B]Weight:[/B] 147lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Green
[B]Hair:[/B] White
[B]Skin:[/B] Tan
Appearance: Rezzin is a very lithe and tanned half-elf of somewhat good looks. His green eyes are off-set by his shock of white hair that he keeps long and windblown, usually standing straight up. He has a look of mischief about him, and when he is found without his shirt you can see his small blue dragonmark across his chest. He usually wears well-worn leather armor, flowing white shirts, brown pantaloons, and wide red sashes and headbands that he lets flow in the wind. Overall it is a look of a man of carefree attitude.

Background:

'Yes Miss? This item here? Um... this is... uh... this is a... PLATE! Yes! It's a plate! You eat off of it. We have a bunch of these on the Mandrake! Indeed! What? No, no, no... this isn't from Xendrik... far from it! It's from... from... one of the... SHOPS in the lower levels here in Sharn! Which one? Um... it's... uh... excuse me, but why are you writing this all down? You know, I know you gnomes are nosey, but it's really none of your business! The Mandrake sets sail again in a few days, and the last thing we need is some story about how we're supposedly bringing Xendrik artifacts and selling them in Sharn!'

It has not been an easy couple of years for Rezzin Ka'Zari. If he knew then what he knows now... perhaps he never would have abandoned the position in House Lyrander that his family had set aside for him. But he wanted adventure! He wanted to sail the high seas! He wanted to explore Xendrik, Argonessen, Aerenal, and all the rest... to find all kinds of ruins and artifacts and then stea-- uh... plunde-- uh... borro-- uh... PRESENT them to all manner of folks in the grand city of Sharn where he grew up! But who knew that when he signed on as a hand on the Mandrake that it would just lead to more headaches than oftentimes they are worth? Every time he and the crew returns from an expedition... there's the Dark Lanterns harrassing them... there's reporters from the Chronicle questioning them on what they've found... there's House Lyrander making their lives miserable because Rezzin uses his dragonmark for personal gain rather than helping the House. What's a khoravar to do?

Rezzin had always been interested in the sea, especially with both his parents working out of Sharn for House Lyrander. He spent many years on cargo ships, accompanying his family as the House would deliver items back and forth across the south coast of Khorvaire. However, on any of the longer journeys his parents would always bow out of those jobs because they didn't want to raise their son completely out of the grasp of Sharn. The City of Towers had schools, institutions and the House headquarters for him to learn from, and the longer travels would remove him from that influence. And if one of them on occasion HAD to go on a longer trip... they never allowed Rezzin to go along with. This always bothered the young half-elf, and as time went on, his curiousity got greater and greater regarding WHAT may be beyond the couple hundred mile radius that he was only allowed to travel. He found that he LOVED to travel by sea, but was never really allowed to fully experience it. At least... not until Rezzin finally reached his majority and was about to be presented a place within the House proper and the beginnings of his work with Lyrander. It was at this point that he decided to up and quit altgoether and join up as a cabin boy on a privateer's vessel. THEY would go all over the map to wherever the trading would take them all the time... and Rezzin's curiousity would be sated. And indeed they did, and indeed it was... and over the past few years Rezzin has enjoyed the fruits of his labors on the various pirate and smuggler ships that have travelled all around the continent. He now finds himself in the Principalities, earning his keep and sailing the seas... a rogue dragonamarked sailor, always ready to lend his skill and his abilities to whomever might need him.

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
I think I am definately seeing a theme here...if we are all part of the ship's crew, then exploring different areas will be a cinch...especially if the Captain was to acquire the ability to travel through both the sea and air.

Gomez: I am thinking about making Khoras Rog1/Druid 2 to reflect his past life before and just after joining the crew and the druid levels to show his awakening powers and merging with nature. Does that sound okay to you?

Bront

The man with the probe
Gomez said:
I am still here. Just waiting on people to post character ideas. I will pick the final group today.
Good to hear from you. Hope you've enjoyed some of the characters that have shown up.

D20Dazza

Explorer
I would love to have a bash at this Gomez. I'm not currently in any PbP games although have put an application in for another Eberron based game. I'll get an 'application' together today and post tonight, just keep in mind that I'm in Australia and so my tonight and yours may strike at different times.

Cheers

Daz

Remove ads