• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Eberron] How are YOU going to handle the NPC level issue?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
froggie said:
at 10 minutes per level, I don't care if you have 100,000 in your army. My 20th level wizard kills them all

SRD said:
This spell functions like prismatic wall, except you conjure up an immobile, opaque globe of shimmering, multicolored light that surrounds you and protects you from all forms of attack.

Methinks your wizard had better re-familiarise himself with the way his spells work if he wants to attempt this :)

Henry

Autoexreginated
Plane Sailing said:
Methinks your wizard had better re-familiarise himself with the way his spells work if he wants to attempt this :)

On second thought, let him do it. ;) In my mind's eye, I can just see said Wizard cackling maniacally as he casts the spell, the globe forms, and he keeps cackling maniacally as he walks right out of the globe and into the army. :D

"MWAH-HAHAHAHA.. e-heh.. heh... heh..." :eek:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Henry said:
"MWAH-HAHAHAHA.. e-heh.. heh... heh..." :eek:
Alas, just fun for a minute. A 20th-level wizard has enough AC to survive until he can teleport away. The shame about his mistake will be painful, though. :D

Christopher Lambert said:
Sounds like Cao Cao's strategy.
Cao Cao split his army into 10 and had a detachment attack every few hours,

Funny. I coulda sworn he just pulled his sword, ordered his half-a-dozen or so retainers to follow him, and went completely medieval on the Yellow Turban army. I think the got bonus points for the ten enemy officers he personally slew, as well as for racking more than 250 mook kills ...

Gotta love Dynasty Warriors ... ;)

CyberSpyder

First Post
Darkness said:
Alas, just fun for a minute. A 20th-level wizard has enough AC to survive until he can teleport away. The shame about his mistake will be painful, though. :D
Depends on how many archers are out there. When 5% of them are guaranteed a hit...

JoeGKushner

First Post
CyberSpyder said:
Depends on how many archers are out there. When 5% of them are guaranteed a hit...

Well, that depends. What if the mage has protection from normal missiles and stoneskin? Are they are using adamant arrows?

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
JoeGKushner said:
Well, that depends. What if the mage has protection from normal missiles and stoneskin? Are they are using adamant arrows?
Indeed. What's more, do they have a clear shot at the mage or are their allies standing in the way?

Fenes

First Post
When I think of an archmage waging war I always imagine a spell that creates a moving wall of fire. Can't be harder to research than wish, but imagine the effect on an army.

Christopher Lambert said:
That's one of the things that bugs me about DnD. There's no social class that doesn't get sneak attacks, magic or other such baggage.

I can stat Cao Cao up in D20 Modern just fine.
Aristocrat
Expert
Commoner

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads